+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The only thing i didnt like that i recieved was a bath pack with candles in it. It was lovely to recieve but it will just sit there until i get home as was thinking of taking it across the road to the elderly lady to say thank you for taking my bin in while we were away. Well her husband did it so get him a nice box of choccies and she can have the bath stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    They rock love them. I hate the price of them . DD hasn't got one just because of the price. Put it on ebay.
    Thanks for posting this as I was going to do the same. I was quite impressed that MIL got dd one of these as they are on the ok list! For, Bratz and Barbie on the other hand are on the banned list.
    These dolls are more what my dd likes and what dh and I are happy for her to have....

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub-that's why it's full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We all actually scored alright this Christmas. Because mil and FIL paid off a massive chunk of our debt, that was considered our present this year which was just fine as they always buy is cheap, crappy obligatory gifts like deodorant lynx packs for DF and any nick-nacky type crap for me.

All dd's pressies were appropriate and well thought out...

The only gift that has a bit of an "err?" factor is what DF got me...I've wanted a purple suitcase set for ages....I stress on the "set" part of it because while I do use a big suitcase from time to time, I need a small suitcase that can be used for overnight stays as the small suitcases that come in the sets are the perfect size to fit all my stuff so I don't need to take 3 or more bags (one of clothes, one for shoes, one for toiletries etc like I do now) and cause it's a suitcase, its on wheels and is easier to cart around and due to my medical condition, I'm not physically able to do much heavy lifting.

Well I got a purple suitcase from DF for Christmas and I love it...but it's just the big one...it's not a set...so now when I go out for a night, I still don't have a bag to take everything in lol

Still I love the big suitcase and we used it on Christmas day to take to mum and dads for the night for all 3 of us lol

I wonder if you can buy the small suitcases on their own and not in a set? Might be able to hint for mothers day hehe

*Dear iPhone, stop autocorrecting all my swear words you piece of shut.
    Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    It sounds like Secret Santa is more trouble than its worth! Soo many people having issues with it. You should all take a stand and refuse to do secret santa anymore OR make it a specific gag gift....like Calenders and everyone has to buy the tackiest calender possible...or something. It all just sounds soo difficult!
    We actually send out a group email to all 6 of us and we each list 3 little things that we'd like and appreciate. That way, when we've all been given our secret Santa person, we have a pretty good idea of what to get them and no one ends up with anything they don't like/wouldn't use.

Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got pretty good pressies this year. Hubby got me a body shop gift card which is awesome. MIL got me one too though, after telling me she was getting me a gift card for the shopping centre that you can use in any store. My sister bought the $50 voucher off me from my MIL lol, so now I have $50 to go spend on clothes instead. I love body shop stuff but we aren't rolling in money and the 2 vouchers were making me go at the thought of spending that much on creams or soaps etc.

Hubby also got sick on xmas eve, and I got it on Christmas day so were both green and queasy while hosting the family lunch at our house. That was interesting..

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading this....I am very grateful that our family came to the decision to stop giving gifts to the adult members and to only buy pressies for the little kiddies (for the very reasons that many of you have mentioned with your examples, although we have never had any as bad as the toothbrush! ).

Thankfully the kiddies presents have been very sensible and practical type gifts that are age appropriate and purchased in consultation with the parents.

I love christmas and especially enjoy the meals and drinks spent with extended family and friends.

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually liked everything I was given this year. My Mum got me a real crystal ball, which I opened and stared at for a moment and she piped up and said "Now when's the baby coming?" I was due on xmas day so loved the joke.

The kids got SO much stuff, but pretty much all of it was lovely. The only ??? thing was one of my SIL's bought the baby three different toys that are all for 9+ months. A bit odd to get a baby that isn't even born yet but ok.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannonigans View Post

I wonder if you can buy the small suitcases on their own and not in a set? Might be able to hint for mothers day hehe

Yep, you can. I love the purple suitcase set too and have all the cases but got them separately over a few years.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklydreamer For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklydreamer View Post
    Yep, you can. I love the purple suitcase set too and have all the cases but got them separately over a few years.
    awesome! I know what I'll be hoping for this mothers day hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stand corrected.

We just opened a new gift that had been sent down from df's Aunty. He picked it up from his parents house today....

....Seriously???? My life was no less fulfilled before I got this...I was honestly ok with not receiving a gift from you and a simple card would've sufficed hehe

Can't!
    DYAC...go to he'll*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

PurpleStars  (30-12-2011)