+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mordygordy View Post
    MIL has lots of money but never gives anything good. Well to us anyway. DS1 got pjs which are size 6, he is only size 3-4 and soap. DS2 got pj's size 2 he only just gone into size 1 and soap. DH got 2 old man polo tops. I good an oven mit. Truely I don't know why she bothers she only does it to be a *****. DH runs around and does stuff for her every year and thats all he get. What really bugs me is I know she bough the boys cousin much much more (she leaves prices on the things so I know she spent $12 on the boys. Cousins got the same as the boys but also a $40 soccer net. He is only 5 months older than DS1 so it really ****es me off she plays favourites. Really Really ****es me off.
    Drives me nuts when people leave the prices on gifts they give! We've all been guilty of forgetting to take the tag off at one time or another, but yes, we too have a family member who always leaves the prices on all the clothing she buys for the children. Honestly, she probably thinks that it's easier to exchange them if the price tags are still on, but I do think it's a bit rude and showy.
    My kids got pyjamas way too big, but they're nice ones, so I'll just put them away for a couple of years!

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Drives me nuts when people leave the prices on gifts they give! We've all been guilty of forgetting to take the tag off at one time or another, but yes, we too have a family member who always leaves the prices on all the clothing she buys for the children. Honestly, she probably thinks that it's easier to exchange them if the price tags are still on, but I do think it's a bit rude and showy.
    My kids got pyjamas way too big, but they're nice ones, so I'll just put them away for a couple of years!
    My SIL buys things on sale, peels the reduced price sticker off, and tried to take credit for full price. Everyone knows she does it but she continues to anyway.

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Mikenzee got pneumonia, and a iv cannula is back on oxygen and a hospital admission, and depending on what the consultant thinks of her blood work this morning possible a blood transfusion as well.

Everything else was perfect

Hope the blood work comes back ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am so angry at step mum! They have been told repeatedly that Bratz dolls, Monster High dolls etc are banned in my house (Barbie is ok), mainly because I don't think they are age appropriate for DD1 (who is 4). So what does she buy DD1 for Xmas? A freaking Monster High doll- the skankiest one she could find! DD1 opened it, looked at me and said "what is that?!"... It scared her! So it's now sitting in the top of my cupboard and will probably be donated to charity. Seriously woman, use your head for a change.... Or is it too messed up from all the alcohol?! You ruin our wedding, you buy completely inappropriate gifts even AFTER we tell you we don't approve of them..... Next year stick to gift cards or nothing at all!

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    My SIL buys things on sale, peels the reduced price sticker off, and tried to take credit for full price. Everyone knows she does it but she continues to anyway.
    Hehe clever

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I hate those monster dolls. What are they trying to do? Create a new subculture of emo/goth preschoolers?

I did pretty well this christmas, my strangest gift was wrapping paper. Um, thanks. I've put them away to be used for wrapping presents next year. It was from someone who truly meant well, she's just getting a bit peculiar in old age. Everything else was nice though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband is shocking at gift giving....

A fluro Green plastic banana chair...... but it was better then last years 'Sea Patrol' DVD he got me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This year MIL got me a 3 underwear 10 size bigger than my size..the saddest thing is it was from her underwear stacks at home..atleast it's still new lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by butimacheerleader View Post
    My husband is shocking at gift giving....

A fluro Green plastic banana chair...... but it was better then last years 'Sea Patrol' DVD he got me.
    I'd be quite happy with the banana chair so long as it also came with free time to actually sit in it!

My husband is shocking at present giving too - to the point where I've now told him not to bother. He is notorious for getting me books & DVDs I've already got. He once got me the same book for my birthday and then Christmas. Seriously, it takes 5 seconds to check the shelf to see if I've already got it or not...

So anyway this year he didn't get me anything! I got a nice card with a promise in it that he'll take me shopping where I have permission to 'go bananas'... I'm quite happy with that! I need new bras/undies so I'm rather looking forward to letting him awkwardly stand around in the lingerie section minding DS whilst I take my time trying as many on as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    They rock love them. I hate the price of them . DD hasn't got one just because of the price. Put it on ebay.
    Feel free to have mine! I think they are disgusting tbh. Same as Bratz. Hate them hate them hate them. And why on earth she would think it's an acceptable toy for a 4 year girl I have no idea... Well, for my 4 year old anyway, especially after we made it very clear that we don't approve of those sorts of toys. Not to mention all the little bits that DD2 could choke on.

Seriously though CJ, I would be more en happy to post it to you if you want it.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)