+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Umm, what the? Nipple hair!!

Soooo, what gives, I'm 6 weeks in and generally I'd say I have a normal amount of hair in all the usual places, however in the shower this morning I noticed I've grown a few hairs around the edge of my nipples!

Is this normal? How much more will grow!? Better not end up with bushes in 7.5 months time lol.

Naturally I plucked em out ASAP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Haha I had two hairs on one nipple from pregnancy with jasper and for ages after he was born. I used to pluck it when they became noticeable (to me) and funnily enough now that you mention it I've realized I don't get them anyway. If I wasn't chilling on the couch at my aunts house with my grandma & mum I'd totally pull my boob out & double check but I'm 95% sure I haven't had a hair there this pregnancy.

weird huh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Though... Had random darker hairs on my inner thigh?!?! Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's normal to get more hair during pregnancy, its the testosterone. Don't be surprised if you start getting hair on your belly, like a snail trail.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i've got a few of those on one boob, about 6 or 7 all close together. and i've never been pregnant, go figure. if you're worried just pluck them, they're not bushy or anything, they're no harm. also got a snail trail, i thought that was normal. lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeee For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (25-12-2011)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Though... Had random darker hairs on my inner thigh?!?! Eek!
    Your obviously not of European descent coz that's pretty normal in my family luckily it's easily solved with a trip to the salon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (25-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's normal for women to grow hair in a number of places that aren't considered "nice," places to grow it (like around nipples, on tummies, on your backside, etc). Pregnancy can just encourage it if it's not otherwise common, or make it more obvious than previously.

No need to freak... it's normal and natural. If you don't want the hair, then just pluck it out.

ETA - I've got a bunch of various European nationalities in me, and am unfortunate in that I grow more than the average woman, but also have dark hair and pale skin. Such an annoying combination... but seriously, it is normal. SOMETIMES excess hair can be a symptom of something like PCOS, (my doctor thought this might be hte case with me, but it wasn't), but other times, you're just a bit hairy for whatever reason. lol.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 25-12-2011 at 21:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. My body hair tends to be fine and fair (not super fair, I still do *need* to shave my legs occasionally)

Let's hope my baby girl inherits my hair-genes. Not daddies. Being half lebanese she may be a little fuzzier than me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes normal. Pcos and pregnancy for me us a bad combo result I don't have any lovely bare belly pictures

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to have a few strays in my nipples i plucked before pregnancy. :s

Now nothing grows, all the hair even my legs that are usually the worst I'd shave and the end if the day they are almost regrown just now haven't grown at all. I waxed my legs this time and it's been three weeks and I'm only now getting stubble!

So yes it's normal to grow, not grow hair in strange places.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by Jay87; 26-12-2011 at 00:34.