Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful thanks for sharing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peekaboomummy For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What an amazing story! You are so incredibly brave to birth at home with no attendants!! I wish I was as strong and confident with birthing...

My dd's birth went extremely well and relatively drug free...(gas) but I will be much more in control next time as I know what is happening. But boy, I doubt I will ever be as well educated with birthing as you are!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    What an amazing story! You are so incredibly brave to birth at home with no attendants!! I wish I was as strong and confident with birthing...

My dd's birth went extremely well and relatively drug free...(gas) but I will be much more in control next time as I know what is happening. But boy, I doubt I will ever be as well educated with birthing as you are!
    I know it might seem brave, but I really didn't and don't feel brave, for me giving birth is as safe as life gets. I don't feel like it took confidence but a drive to work through any fears and that wasnt an easy task, it took a lot of reading and rational thinking for me to dispel any fears i had. I'll def agree that it is a huge responsibility but it was a responsibility I wasn't confident handing over to someone else if your interested in reading more my fav books are gentle birth gentle mothering by Sarah Buckley and Ina mays guide to childbirth.

"When you have come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." Patrick Overter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

proud-mum  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What an amazing, beautiful birth story, you should be so proud. and such inspiring words in your last post I absolutely respect and admire the way you birthed - so confidently & freely, like every woman should!

I too had a drug free natural labour and it truly is a wonderful thing to experience, especially when you understand and submit yourself to the process. But I went to a private hospital due to fear and the unknown (but with a clear birth plan) and next I feel I will most likely birth at home, as my confidence in my ability has increased as i have done it before.

But I can't stop thinking how truly inspiring you are, having the confidence to birth at home, with only your family presence. Absolutely amazing and too too rare these days. It is so lovely to hear of a woman so intune with her instincts and body. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to proud-mum For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Proud-mum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

proud-mum  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Such a beautiful, perfect, normal birth. Welcome earthside, Ella - you've got an awesome mum.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow, that is a fabulous birth story. Thank you so much for sharing.

Can I just show my ignorance and ask the significance of the purple bum crack line?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's an external sign of dilation that begins at the start or labor and rises like a mercury thermometer.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (27-12-2011),SpecialPatrolGroup  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lurk on here on the odd occasion, so pleased I did today. The warmest of love to you and baby. You and I know birth works, but it is beautiful for you to show other woman. Have a sweet baby moon. Liz

18. The Following User Says Thank You to doulaliz For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by doulaliz View Post
    I lurk on here on the odd occasion, so pleased I did today. The warmest of love to you and baby. You and I know birth works, but it is beautiful for you to show other woman. Have a sweet baby moon. Liz