+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Yes. I took DS to Santa for the first time this year and I thought how odd it was. Who is this man? And why on earth would I want photos of my son sitting on his lap? It's such a bizarre concept.

Our Santa didn't have any kids on his lap. He had a really big chair so the kids just sat beside him. He didn't talk much other than sking kids to look at the camera.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, No, i didnt think he actually *was* a paedophile, he just sounded dirty.

But I do think it's weird to be encouraging children on to a stranger's knee when they arent keen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Poor Santa.

Anyway Santa isn't a stranger to us, we see him every year and he is lovely brings us presents.
    Very nice man but unfortunately a few mothers with their minds in the gutter ruin it for everyone.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (25-12-2011),Chocolate All Gone Now  (25-12-2011),lovemybabies!  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a sad sad when now we can't even enjoy Santa! Not everyone is bad!
    Merry xmas

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've thanked the people I agree with, just wanted to say we don't make our children sit on Santas lap, it's a choice they make, I hold my younger children in my lap in the photo and I will every year until they feel comfortable sitting with him, last year our boys wouldn't even go near him so we basically walked in and straight out again which was fine of course hubby and I are always in the photo regardless of where the children are seated, I love this years one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I wouldn't make jasper. I didn't get photos done but jasper just ran and jumped on santas lap so that was pretty cute. But no I wouldn't make him sit on anyone's lap he didn't want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think you're reading WAAAAAAY too much into it OP, but DP talks like your DP too... everything is dirty. lol. I can relate to that part.

As for Santa being weird... well, maybe... but DD has never cried. I dislike seeing terrified children forced onto his knee... it's just mean, and you don't even get a good picture so what's the point? DD didn't care her first year (she was about 4.5 months old), and since then, she's always wanted to see him, but has sometimes been a bit reluctant... but when I say, "that's okay, we don't have to," she fights me on it and refuses to leave the line.

This year she actually replied when he asked her questions (first year that's happened...) and we didn't have to plead for her to smile... usually she wants to see him, but just kinda ignores him and refuses to smile. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my DF also twists EVERYTHING into an innuendo. Even if it doesn't even remotely make sense, with that 'tone' and a cheeky grin anything is dirty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Yes. I took DS to Santa for the first time this year and I thought how odd it was. Who is this man? And why on earth would I want photos of my son sitting on his lap? It's such a bizarre concept.
    It really is! we send so many mix messages to children

Don't talk to strangers - but go sit on this strange mans lap.

Don't take lollies off strangers - but on holloween let's knock of people's doors for lollies

Santa has a beard that most children freak out about.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (26-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't tell DD to not talk to strangers - I tell her to not talk to strangers WITHOUT ME THERE.

So Santa is no exception really.