+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Grandparents and Santa

Do your parents/in-laws give your children gifts from themselves or 'santa'?

Tomorrow morning my kids will wake up at home and Santa will have come. They are both getting spoilt rotten.

Then on boxing day we're going away with my parents and my mum wants to do 'santa' again when we get there to give presents from her and dad.

I'm just wondering if other grandparents do this??

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My parents give presents to DS from them...not from Santa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    we always got the presents from
    them as kids... Santa presents were
    for at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents do but our whole family stays over Christmas eve so everyone opens presents together

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All other family members do present from them not Santa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd not be happy about that. Santa is Santa. Christmas eve is when he comes and that's all. I wouldn't want to confuse jasper.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My parents do Santa - They have already told the boys that Santa will be stopping by tonight so they best behave
    EXP is also doing Santa on boxing day, they boys are going to his house Christmas day night and he is doing presents Boxing day.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be happy with that, either. If they really want to give gifts from Santa, why can't they send the pressies to your place for xmas morning? I could *kind of* get it if they said "oh, look kids, Santa stopped off at our place on xmas eve and left presents for you all!" but not having another night where santa comes again that's just weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is getting some presents from Santa at home then we'll go to my parents and she'll get presents from Santa again and then presents from them and my sister, one from us, then we go to my MIL's parents where she'll get more but from her great aunts, grandparents and great grandparents and her aunt and uncle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the replies. It kind of annoys me. My mum has a habit of overstepping the boundaries between being our kid's parent v grandparent. I did kind of explain last year that as the parents, we're Santa and mum looked at me like I was mad!! Anyway, apparently my gentle words weren't sufficient and I'll have to do it again.

It's confusing enough for my 3.9yo DD because she's just understanding it all. I also don't want to raise her expectations that this happens every year as we spend every second year with my in-laws and they are much more 'modest' with their gifts.

I don't understand why she can't just give from them-she'd get all the credit then anyway!!!???