+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    Don't love them enough to have let's, but really appreciate native and wild birds. We won't have a cat because it kills birds. Not huge fan if Indian miners but we have some pretty birds here, galahs, rosellas, black cocatoos, little blue things, kokkaburras. We even have two wedge tail eagles which are so majestic.
    Same

We also have two pairs of magpies that nest on opposite sides of the property from each other. I feed them at my back door during nesting season and they have never swooped us. They know I am not a threat. They now come up and tap on the door if I am not up early enough. This year they have been super successful. They both abandoned the first clutch of babies they had in our yard as we have no dogs only two magpie fearing cats. Both pairs went on to have a second clutch of babies this season. Awwwww. I love seeing the babies have a bath in the big tray of water I have out near our back door. They are so cute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I HATE birds haha... I will cross the road if I see a family of magpies on the path ahhh!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Atlantic Puffin  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like lorikeets like the ones in my tree out the front. Cassowaries freak me out. They are too much like velociraptors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay... I don't like, run screaming when I see a bird, but it one is flying at me I will move away exceptionally fast.

I also do not like seagulls. They are cute looking, but they come right up to you for chips. That's not normal.

Lol.

Don't get me wrong, if I saw a hurt bird I would help it - I have saved an owl off our street that was hit by a car...

I guess my issue with birds is when they want to be near me and when they intentionally fly at me just to pee me off!!! It's like they know - and inside they are laughing at me!!!!

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to be clear - I LOVE PUFFINS! They are so cute I just want to cuddle them.

Perhaps it's because I have never even seen a puffin in real life. Lol

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a tendency to kill pet birds. Or my Mum does anyway. We went through 5 in a year and they all appeared to kill themselves. No more pet birds for us.

Mum has however managed to "keep" the wild magpies every year. They attack everyone except for Mum and the rest of our family.

I'm fine with birds from a distance or standing or walking close. Swooping etc within two meters is a no-no.