+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    oh babe

google has HEAPS of pretty pictures .. just type in bird (or scary bird staring at me) and then hit 'images' .. your whole screen can be filled!!!!!!

birds dont bother me tbh ... I'm not fussed on being inside with one (e.g. if there is a bird that flies into the shops and then kinda freaks cause it cant get out) .. but thats because its unpredictable and stressed, not because its a bird as such ..
    I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam-I-am!!!

Of course I mean birds. Flying around all crazy eyed, diving for you and wanting to peck your skin off you!

Proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    RAWR! (go on...click it)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Veve  (24-12-2011)

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Waiting for Leee to weigh in on this thread.

Women are like crows. They're attracted to shiny things.
    you know me too well

i have pet birds. 10 of them- finches, quails and a tame tiel. i eat the eggs my jap quails produce.
    they are my babies and i have spent hundreds of dollars on them at the vets over the last year and a bit. i will be paying off a $700ish debt until october/november thanks to two of them having to be hospitalised recently, one quail because she needed an operation and the other, a finch, for what turned out to be very severe calcium deficiency with a bit of respiratory infection for good measure. one of my other finches, lucy, seems to have microplasma, which is super duper fun. at least it manifests as an upper respiratory tract infection, which is quite easy to spot visually, and microplasma is very easy and relatively uninvasive to treat.
    another two, a finch called george and a quail called quaily girl, are buried in the front garden underneath a young grevillea. both had to be put down due to foot issues.

i love the local bird life. rainbow lories, double-bar finches (i have a pair of them and they're gorgeous and extremely highly strung) and a whole lot of other little varieties of bird. it's one of the few really nice things about this area.

i do not, however, appreciate the noisy minor birds that love my back yard, and dog food, so much! crows/maggies i don't seem to have an issue with. they're out in force cos it's the middle of breeding season, but i throw them a bit of food if i have any on me, which is most of the time, and they tend to leave me alone. which is good cos there are a few around my house. one loves to attack its reflection in my living room window. did exactly the same thing last year. i thought they were supposed to be intelligent

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    (go on...click it)
    OH FUNNNNNNNNNNNNY London ... funny (she will probably get nightmares from that)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    you know me too well

i have pet birds. 10 of them- finches, quails and a tame tiel. i eat the eggs my jap quails produce.
    they are my babies and i have spent hundreds of dollars on them at the vets over the last year and a bit. i will be paying off a $700ish debt until october/november thanks to two of them having to be hospitalised recently, one quail because she needed an operation and the other, a finch, for what turned out to be very severe calcium deficiency with a bit of respiratory infection for good measure. one of my other finches, lucy, seems to have microplasma, which is super duper fun. at least it manifests as an upper respiratory tract infection, which is quite easy to spot visually, and microplasma is very easy and relatively uninvasive to treat.
    another two, a finch called george and a quail called quaily girl, are buried in the front garden underneath a young grevillea. both had to be put down due to foot issues.

i love the local bird life. rainbow lories, double-bar finches (i have a pair of them and they're gorgeous and extremely highly strung) and a whole lot of other little varieties of bird. it's one of the few really nice things about this area.

i do not, however, appreciate the noisy minor birds that love my back yard, and dog food, so much! crows/maggies i don't seem to have an issue with. they're out in force cos it's the middle of breeding season, but i throw them a bit of food if i have any on me, which is most of the time, and they tend to leave me alone. which is good cos there are a few around my house. one loves to attack its reflection in my living room window. did exactly the same thing last year. i thought they were supposed to be intelligent
    Just to clarify, I mean wild birds. Haha I should add that in my OP.

I mean like, scary crows, pluvers, magpies that swoop.....

Nightmare stuff. I generally have no issues with pet birds. Except that they sometimes poo on you. But usually they don't go tunnel diving at you for taking a leisurely stroll through the park. Lol

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OH FUNNNNNNNNNNNNY London ... funny (she will probably get nightmares from that)
    Thats understandable. The voice creeps me out.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    I had to stop parking my car in a particular spot because a bird was OBSESSED with sitting on my side mirror and ATTACKING the bird that was in there ... he would sit there for HOURS .. mauling my mirror .. twit ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    From just reading this - I am NOT clicking the link !!!!!

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i might add.. it's also moulting season. i know this because the vet commented that lucy was moulting and i think some of my others are too. during that time, stress is really, really bad for birds and nutrition is of utmost importance. please leave birds alone during this time while they're moulting AND nesting, they're very vulnerable right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    From just reading this - I am NOT clicking the link !!!!!

Do iiiiittt. Be brave.