+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    But then bubhub wouldn't exist!
    It would, its just it wouldnt need mods cos everyone would be happy to just read and post rather than feeling the need to his report every 3 seconds because their feelings are hurt.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (23-12-2011),Lemmings  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    For me it's a combination. I actually throw up when the smell of meat cooking wafts into my house. I find it disgusting to touch, taste, smell. I also don't eat it because of the cruelty factor and because I find we are healthier without it.
    All reasonable decent answers to me. Not that I feel you needed to justify being vegetarian in the first place - I don't care what you eat. It seems more that you care that I eat meat sometimes though because you referenced my question as rude?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The first year I lived in London, I ate no meat, came home for a holiday, had a massive BBQ feast at my sister's and threw it all up afterwards.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    The first year I lived in London
    This made me giggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    This made me giggle.
    Haha, I thought of your username when I wrote it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Haha, I thought of your username when I wrote it.
    Exactly how many years have you been living inside me, you parasite! Wonder if there is a pill for that...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    why do i eat meat?
    • i grew up having 'meat & 3 veg' meals. but i hated veggies cause mum would cook them to death! so, tradition, what im used to, etc
    • i like it
    • if i have a meal without it or with not much i dont feel satisfied
    • i reckon we need it - as in the food pyramid thingo
    • i dont like lentils or tofu etc
    • i think its easier eating meat to fufil nutrition rather than vegan/vegetarian. saying that, i really admire the people that are 'successful' vegos, as in have nutritionally balanced meals that arnt lacking in vitamins/minerals due to their food choices, it must take a lot of planning/work (or maybe it doesnt and im just ignorant of vegetarians as i dont think i really know any)
    • fo us its not that expensive, we are on a sheep/cattle farm and meat is sooo much cheaper in the country(saw lamb cutlets on the news tonight for $56/kg or somethingthey are $25-30 here, still expensive cut of meat though)
    • i actually dont know if my iga even sells tofu or fake meat

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

share a book  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    All reasonable decent answers to me. Not that I feel you needed to justify being vegetarian in the first place - I don't care what you eat. It seems more that you care that I eat meat sometimes though because you referenced my question as rude?
    I will read back, if I did then I apologise, but it may just need rewording. I really only called one person rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because its yummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    I read back. My response was not aimed at you in any way. It was at the other response.