+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Because I crave a nice slice of meat, with the blood still oozing out of it as I cut it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I attempted vegetarianism for a pathetic 6 weeks.

I copped so much cr*p for it, so I suspect someone who's been vegetarian (or heaven forbid, vegan!) would get so many comments about it.

A lot of people don't just give a basic comment - they want to know WHY. Then when you say why, they seem to get offended by your reasoning (if it's ethical) or start telling you why you're wrong about everything, why you're lacking in important nutrients, etc etc. It can end up in a full scale attack sometimes, just because you say, "No meat thanks, but I bought this alternative along, so as to not be a pain. *smile*"

So people, IME, are definitely jerks to vegetarians at times, and as I said, I only dabbled in it for a very short time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

share a book  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I've got 3 friends IRL who are vegetarian. When I found out that they were, I asked out of curiosity. I asked if it was because of the taste or cruelty to animals. Two them said because of the cruelty to animals and one said both. No big deal to me, their reasons don't have to be acceptable to anyone but themselves.
    For me it's a combination. I actually throw up when the smell of meat cooking wafts into my house. I find it disgusting to touch, taste, smell. I also don't eat it because of the cruelty factor and because I find we are healthier without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    Who are you to class an answer as decent when it comes to people's personal preferences?
    Right...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    For me it's a combination. I actually throw up when the smell of meat cooking wafts into my house. I find it disgusting to touch, taste, smell. I also don't eat it because of the cruelty factor and because I find we are healthier without it.
    I hate touching raw meat as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a happy omni eater. I have been vegetarian and could be again, I think tofu tastes like ar$e but love legumes etc... I do find though, that I seriously crave meat and I'm fortunate that we have our own livestock, so I know how the animal is raised and slaughtered.

I feed my children a similar diet to myself and believe it to be nutritionally sound and darn yummy, but if they wanted to be vego/vegan I'd happily cater to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me and DH are vegans ive been a Vego my whole life. DH has only been vegan for 6 months and loves it

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I attempted vegetarianism for a pathetic 6 weeks.

I copped so much cr*p for it, so I suspect someone who's been vegetarian (or heaven forbid, vegan!) would get so many comments about it.

A lot of people don't just give a basic comment - they want to know WHY. Then when you say why, they seem to get offended by your reasoning (if it's ethical) or start telling you why you're wrong about everything, why you're lacking in important nutrients, etc etc. It can end up in a full scale attack sometimes, just because you say, "No meat thanks, but I bought this alternative along, so as to not be a pain. *smile*"

So people, IME, are definitely jerks to vegetarians at times, and as I said, I only dabbled in it for a very short time.
    People are confused about things they dont consider 'normal'. Sure, in an Utopian world people wouldnt need to explain anything to anyone when it comes to their choices. We however, dont have that, so for now people need to just get over it and accept the fact that their choices are going to be questioned, discussed and sometimes scoffed at. Its a matter of shrugging your shoulders and realising its your life and not giving a sh!t what people say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    People are confused about things they dont consider 'normal'. Sure, in an Utopian world people wouldnt need to explain anything to anyone when it comes to their choices. We however, dont have that, so for now people need to just get over it and accept the fact that their choices are going to be questioned, discussed and sometimes scoffed at. Its a matter of shrugging your shoulders and realising its your life and not giving a sh!t what people say.
    But then bubhub wouldn't exist!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I hate touching raw meat as well!
    Me too, especially chicken. I hate cooking it if I have to chop it up!