+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 109
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    14,057
    Thanks
    1,875
    Thanked
    2,608
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Because I crave a nice slice of meat, with the blood still oozing out of it as I cut it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I attempted vegetarianism for a pathetic 6 weeks.

    I copped so much cr*p for it, so I suspect someone who's been vegetarian (or heaven forbid, vegan!) would get so many comments about it.

    A lot of people don't just give a basic comment - they want to know WHY. Then when you say why, they seem to get offended by your reasoning (if it's ethical) or start telling you why you're wrong about everything, why you're lacking in important nutrients, etc etc. It can end up in a full scale attack sometimes, just because you say, "No meat thanks, but I bought this alternative along, so as to not be a pain. *smile*"

    So people, IME, are definitely jerks to vegetarians at times, and as I said, I only dabbled in it for a very short time.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    share a book  (23-12-2011)

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I've got 3 friends IRL who are vegetarian. When I found out that they were, I asked out of curiosity. I asked if it was because of the taste or cruelty to animals. Two them said because of the cruelty to animals and one said both. No big deal to me, their reasons don't have to be acceptable to anyone but themselves.
    For me it's a combination. I actually throw up when the smell of meat cooking wafts into my house. I find it disgusting to touch, taste, smell. I also don't eat it because of the cruelty factor and because I find we are healthier without it.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    Who are you to class an answer as decent when it comes to people's personal preferences?
    Right...

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    For me it's a combination. I actually throw up when the smell of meat cooking wafts into my house. I find it disgusting to touch, taste, smell. I also don't eat it because of the cruelty factor and because I find we are healthier without it.
    I hate touching raw meat as well!

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a happy omni eater. I have been vegetarian and could be again, I think tofu tastes like ar$e but love legumes etc... I do find though, that I seriously crave meat and I'm fortunate that we have our own livestock, so I know how the animal is raised and slaughtered.

    I feed my children a similar diet to myself and believe it to be nutritionally sound and darn yummy, but if they wanted to be vego/vegan I'd happily cater to that.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,466
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    35
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me and DH are vegans ive been a Vego my whole life. DH has only been vegan for 6 months and loves it

  9. #38
    London's Avatar
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    11,392
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I attempted vegetarianism for a pathetic 6 weeks.

    I copped so much cr*p for it, so I suspect someone who's been vegetarian (or heaven forbid, vegan!) would get so many comments about it.

    A lot of people don't just give a basic comment - they want to know WHY. Then when you say why, they seem to get offended by your reasoning (if it's ethical) or start telling you why you're wrong about everything, why you're lacking in important nutrients, etc etc. It can end up in a full scale attack sometimes, just because you say, "No meat thanks, but I bought this alternative along, so as to not be a pain. *smile*"

    So people, IME, are definitely jerks to vegetarians at times, and as I said, I only dabbled in it for a very short time.
    People are confused about things they dont consider 'normal'. Sure, in an Utopian world people wouldnt need to explain anything to anyone when it comes to their choices. We however, dont have that, so for now people need to just get over it and accept the fact that their choices are going to be questioned, discussed and sometimes scoffed at. Its a matter of shrugging your shoulders and realising its your life and not giving a sh!t what people say.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,747
    Thanks
    5,085
    Thanked
    8,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    People are confused about things they dont consider 'normal'. Sure, in an Utopian world people wouldnt need to explain anything to anyone when it comes to their choices. We however, dont have that, so for now people need to just get over it and accept the fact that their choices are going to be questioned, discussed and sometimes scoffed at. Its a matter of shrugging your shoulders and realising its your life and not giving a sh!t what people say.
    But then bubhub wouldn't exist!

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    1,602
    Thanked
    2,360
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I hate touching raw meat as well!
    Me too, especially chicken. I hate cooking it if I have to chop it up!


 

Similar Threads

  1. BYO meat and alcohol
    By Aurora21 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 22:21
  2. Listeria in Meat
    By AJ84 in forum Pregnancy Health Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 16:27
  3. BLW: Egg and meat
    By MunchkinsMum1 in forum Weaning & Starting solids
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 14:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!