+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Seafood that smells is not fresh enough seafood.

That said, I'm gross, and I LOVE the smell of butchers and seafood shops. I even like the smell of fishy catfood when you open the tin. I also like the look of raw meat - like a nice red steak or a pink chicken breast... I think it looks really nice, and looks ugly when cooked. Would never dream of eating either uncooked though. Ew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If its a fresh fish smell then that's normal. yes there is a huge difference also being a seafood shop means they don't just have fish in therer
    If it very over bearing then that's a little bit to much however it depends what they have in there how big shop is. It's no difference with a butcher I can smell the butcher from a mile away in shopping centrex doesn't mean there is anything wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I LOVE raw meat. Steak tartare is delicious. I could easily eat good quality raw mince, yummy. There's this Japanese dish (can't remember the name) that has raw beef (seared on the outside though) and it's really good. I also adore raw fish. Not just sashimi but the polynesian way, in lemon and lime and coconut milk. Mmmmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also it could have been caught within the hour and u will still get a smell from it.
    Sorry we are in the seafood industry so I smell it all the time. I just shucked 800 oysters this morning and I don't even like eating them lol
    I smell like seafood but my shop is as fresh as u get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I LOVE raw meat. Steak tartare is delicious. I could easily eat good quality raw mince, yummy. There's this Japanese dish (can't remember the name) that has raw beef (seared on the outside though) and it's really good. I also adore raw fish. Not just sashimi but the polynesian way, in lemon and lime and coconut milk. Mmmmmm.
    I like a fairly bloody steak.

I also love raw fish, I'm not brave enough to attempt preparing it for my homesick guests who are coming for Christmas tomorrow though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Beef tataki. So so delicious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    Beef tataki. So so delicious.
    That's it! Oh man, I think I have to go and get some now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    If its a fresh fish smell then that's normal. yes there is a huge difference also being a seafood shop means they don't just have fish in therer
    If it very over bearing then that's a little bit to much however it depends what they have in there how big shop is. It's no difference with a butcher I can smell the butcher from a mile away in shopping centrex doesn't mean there is anything wrong
    I can't smell the butcher except when I walk up next to it. I can't smell it from the cafe. I can't smell the chicken one either. But I can smell the fish one. I was closer to the butcher than the fish market when the smell came. That's when I was all like "Who puts a fish market there?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like it, it's nutritious, and I don't have any ethical problems with eating it.

I can understand people asking why you are a vegetarian out of curiosity, but only in a polite/ interested way. I'm always interested to know why people make the choices they do. I also have friends of different religions and will ask them as much as I can about their beliefs.

If people are being rude to you about your reply then that's not very nice.

I don't like licorice, so I don't eat it. I think it's a perfectly valid reason not to eat something.

I think sometimes people have difficulty understanding an extreme reaction to something that they don't think twice about. So if you said to people that the smell makes you gag, etc. then perhaps some people would have problems understanding it, and may think that you are overreacting.

I'm not saying that you are at all, as if it has that effect on you then it is something very real for you to deal with. I'm thinking that it may be similar to a phobia. I'm very scared of something that NO ONE in the whole world (maybe an exaggeration, but not much of one) is scared of, and when I tell people about it they just laugh and think I'm putting it on. Maybe it's more to do with people not understanding the strength of your reaction, more so than a meat/ vegetarian thing?

Either way, if they are your friends, then they shouldn't be rude to you and they should try to accept what you say and support you.