+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not invited to Christmas?

Hi guys.

For Christmas, DP's family usually either go to his Grandmas or his Aunty Sh's place and we usually come along after we've done lunch with my family. DP has just told me that when he rang his Grandma today (finally, after weeks of nagging) that they're going to be doing Christmas at his other Aunty's house, and that because it isn't her place she can't invite us.

I'm not sure if it is an intentional "not invited" or if it is because DP only just got in contact with his grandma, but I feel really upset about it.

This year is our first Christmas without my Dad, and we'd kind of organised our whole plans around going to see his extended family at lunch on Christmas day My family are coming over early Christmas day to see DD open her presents but they've made other plans for the day.

We still have his parent's house for dinner on Christmas Eve, but DP's stupid boss has him working, when every other year they close on Xmas Eve and open on NYE, this year they've switched, and so DP will be missing out on both his family Christmases.

Maybe this year we can start our own traditions and do something on Christmas Day

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *hugs* aww hun. can he call his other aunty and talk to her??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if he will, to be honest. It's not that we don't get on with them, it's just that we don't see them as often, and I barely know them... Usually we get to the Grandparents place after they have already left, so I don't know if they think we will be there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and DP's dad (whose family it is) doesn't generally do the whole family Christmas thing either, so I don't know if it is to do with that.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    seems so odd, and upsetting that no one that u are reasonably close with didnt mention u to the aunty about being invited or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, thats what I am thinking. I don't think Aunt has our number, but you would think if she wanted us there she would tell Grandma that we were invited. I guess we actually are specifically not invited

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds maybe like a miscommunication?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

naebie  (23-12-2011)