+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    still dont mean its sexist lol
    I think saying its the man's job to BBQ is like saying women belong in the kitchen, iykwim?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I think saying its the man's job to BBQ is like saying women belong in the kitchen, iykwim?
    Yes if that is what she is saying but how do we know that for sure hey. Could be a joke, could be that she has a sense of humour or maybe not what WCM ment who knows lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Yes if that is what she is saying but how do we know that for sure hey. Could be a joke, could be that she has a sense of humour or maybe not what WCM ment who knows lol
    No one knows apart from her lol but I will admit to finding it a bit ironic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naebie View Post
    Women don't barbecue? That's sexist
    Oh no, women can BBQ quite well, but in my house I don't BBQ.

I couldn't stand the smell or taste of meat when I was pregnant, so MOTH had to cook any meat he wanted outside, and 10 years later he still doing it

Tonight our BBQ caught fire. We saw it *just* in time, and turned it off and also the gas, but a breeze caught the flame and up she went, along with part of the back of the house

It was up the wall and the eves and the backdoor within seconds.

We'd just shifted it near the back of the house as we are setting up the trestles for Christmas day - any other time the BBQ is well away from the house. Luckily I had a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket for just such an event.

So dinner was ruined, toasted cheese sangas tonight.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

naebie  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sleep.... Sweet sleep

7. The Following User Says Thank You to october For This Useful Post:

TimTamsandTea  (23-12-2011)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post

I couldn't stand the smell or taste of meat when I was pregnant, so MOTH had to cook any meat he wanted outside, and 10 years later he still doing it

Tonight our BBQ caught fire. We saw it *just* in time, and turned it off and also the gas, but a breeze caught the flame and up she went, along with part of the back of the house

We'd just shifted it near the back of the house as we are setting up the trestles for Christmas day - any other time the BBQ is well away from the house. Luckily I had a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket for just such an event.

Glad it turned out ok, well not your food lol that sucks.
    To be honest when i seen this earlier on your FB i didnt put the two together andrealise you had just had a house fire. Glad no one was hurt and not to much damage other than to your eves your door and your food.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmm... For the nab to pay for they've done to our family....

My engagement and wedding rings resized (haven't worn them for nearly 3 years), but DH isn't getting me anything for Christmas. He told me the other night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A purple suitcase set.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Supernatural season 6, the big bang tv series and also roseanne too. Really into dvds atm and want some that arent children ones.

Would also love some really massive bath towels and some new sheets.

All of the above will have to wait though. I am going to reward myself with dvds when i successfully quit smoking as i can use that money to buy my dvds and the other stuff i am going to see if i can get it for my birthday

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post

How scary. Glad everyone is ok though.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast