+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have I made a mistake?

Hi all,
    I have a beautiful 8 month old DS. I returned to work when he was just 12 weeks old. I feel I have missed out on so much. I just resigned last week and feel so free now, knowing I can be a SAHM in just 3 weeks time.
    My issue is I have lived and breathed my work for the last 9 years and only resigned due to a newer employee excessively bullying me since my return from MAT leave and feel I am going to go crazy not earning my own money and having an escape from home life? Have I done the right thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go to your hr dept and make a complaint. Even if you decide to be a sahm and not retract your resignation they shouldn't get away with the behavior. Sorry you had to go through this but hugs from bub will make you feel heaps better.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stay if you can and get your long service

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rae81 View Post
    Go to your hr dept and make a complaint. Even if you decide to be a sahm and not retract your resignation they shouldn't get away with the behavior. Sorry you had to go through this but hugs from bub will make you feel heaps better.

This ^^

I was bullied at work once and ended up in mediation. Best thing ever. They totally should not get away with it.

Sorry you are going through this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rae81 View Post

I wish I could go to HR but being a small business and all, I used to be in the roll of HR, and now the bully has taken that position. My boss will not confront her about my concerns even though I have been the loyal employee of 9 years and she only 2 years.

I could take it above and beyond but after the Christmas break with my family and spending all this one on one time with my spunky monkey DS, I am kind of glad it's going to be over and I can concentrate on what matters most. I will get pro rata for my long service but I really think its more important being with my fam.

Thank you all for your input and support I think it's time for a new challenge and think of my future and end the weight on my shoulders. Xoxo to all you have been great and I think I'll have more time to talk to you all now I won't be working (so excited 😃 meeting new people who won't be bully's and support u)
    Last edited by NiknDan; 27-12-2011 at 22:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy for you for getting to spend more time with the family. It's horrible when something changes at a job you loved. All the best for the next chapter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you flip the bully the bird before you leave!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Preshy2008  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it worth speaking to fair work? Even though you've "resigned", FW would probably see it as constructive dismissal--ie. you felt you had no other option but to resign because your boss didn't address the bullying....
    You might find it goes to conciliation & you could negotiate a payout? That would help with you feeling like you've lost some of your financial responsibility too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok well today was the most heart braking and hurtful thing that's ever happened to me (dome may say I haven't experienced much in my life but this is the biggest thing ever to me). I was confronted by the bully in a threatening way, to the point she was approx 10 centimeters from my face with her fists clenched and I was cornered at my desk while she screamed and swore at me.
    I would have walked out but after several times I told her to back off she wouldn't.
    Not only that but everything I have poured into that workplace and made it my life it blew up in my face.
    The boss I saw as a father figure and everything I have done for him ... He did nothing. 😥
    I haven't cried so much ever.
    I will put in a complaint with FW and hope lessons are taught.
    Thanks all for your support I really needed it. Xoxo to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! Write everything down!!!!!