+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a emergency c there was the best experience they let me hold her for a bit. As mine was emergency she didn't come into recovery with me but they got me out as soon as possible.
    I have to say I and everyone else I know that had c sections at nambour had no issues at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    I don't want to scare u either but I had two friends with horrific cs stories at nambour.... Are there any other hospitals???
    Seems a few bub Hubbers have had positive experiences though so I'm sure it will be fine!!! Gl!! X
    That's why I was going private..but cos its started shutting down sections I can't have my Caesar there as I am too high risk. I wish there was another option but I don't have a choice unfortunately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    I had a emergency c there was the best experience they let me hold her for a bit. As mine was emergency she didn't come into recovery with me but they got me out as soon as possible.
    I have to say I and everyone else I know that had c sections at nambour had no issues at all.
    Thanks for a positive story!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My best friend had a c-section there 3 weeks ago. She too was going private, but at 28 weeks went into early labour, it was stopped, but she had more and more problems and bub was born at 37 weeks at Nambour. It was an elective.

Sorry to say, but from what she said on the phone, I wouldn't go there. Bub was fine, didn't need any assistance, but she wasn't allowed skin to skin while she was stitched up, bub was taken back to the nursery and it took 2 hours of incessant buzzing to get a midwife to bring the baby into her (she is a single Mum) and then to her horror she was told the baby had been bottlefed formula about half an hour before bub was taken into her.

She'd been back from her c-section an hour before bub needed a fed! Bub was almost 4 hours old before she got to even touch him! She's not impressed!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonGecko For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post
    then to her horror she was told the baby had been bottlefed formula about half an hour before bub was taken into her.
    I have heard similiar stories about babies being given formula at nambour
    OP is Buderim an option?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    What annoyed her the most was that she has said several times she was going to breast feed AND the baby didn't want a feed until AFTER she'd come out recovery. She said it would have been ok if he wanted a feed straight away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    OP is Buderim an option?
    Eek!

I don't think my ob has rights at Buderim yet..not until they all move there next year.

Oh my goodness..will be doing everything in my power to get transferred back to Selangor once bub is out if it's possible.