+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    The child has been taken into custody and is awaiting trial.
    Then it's best that solicitor's advice isn't discussed as it should really be client solicitor privilege

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahly For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    i could only assume that my child would be in desperate need of some serious help if something like that happened. your average child doesnt do something like that in cold blood without there being *something* there.

i would and could continue to love my child. but forgiving something like that based on if after lots of psychological testing there appeared to be nothing wrong...well i dunno, i'd be terrified and would blame myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think it would depend on the context of the situation. If one of my kids (DD or DS) were in extremely abusive marriage where their life was at risk and there was no chance to leave, yes I would forgive them. If it wasn't out of self preservation.... I don't know I'd be disgusted, horrified, I wouldn't condone it one bit. But I couldn't stop loving my child.

eta I see the murderer is a child again it would be context, but for a child to murder without provacation OMG I'd feel like I'd raised a monster. The poor victims family and the poor family of this child who has taken the life...
    Last edited by delirium; 23-12-2011 at 19:46.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Sparklydreamer is offline I might lack sleep, but I can dream...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh how absolutely devastating. I have no idea how I'd react or what I'd do in all honesty. Its just a massive no win, nightmare scenario.

I feel so sorry for the families involved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklydreamer For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Then it's best that solicitor's advice isn't discussed as it should really be client solicitor privilege
    I didn't discuss the solicitor's advice? I just said they'd been approached to give evidence. It is pretty standard for a minor's parents to be contacted as part of a trial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It would depend on reasons.

"Cos he's a jerk and fired me," wouldn't cut it... "Because he raped me/my child/etc," would EASILY cut it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

babyspice  (23-12-2011),Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It'd depend on the age of my child. I think if my child were an adult, I'd be kinda mad
    but
    it'd depend on the situation. Was it self defense or an accident? Was it cold blood, set out and executed?
    Either way I think everyone would be a mess, mentally, and destroyed emotionally by it and its something I don't know how any of us - my child included - would deal or react.

But, I think I'd be mad and feel guilty myself.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Provided that my child showed remorse, then yes, I *think* I could.
    If he didn't, I don't think I could forgive him, but I couldn't desert him either.
    I mean, what do you do? Get everybody the best help (legal and psychological) that you can find and hope for the best.

This leaves me with such an awful feeling. I'm just thankful that I'm reading about and not living the nightmare that these parents are enduring.
    I wish all families the strength to get through this.
    Last edited by TimTamsandTea; 23-12-2011 at 21:23.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTamsandTea For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just want to clarify - no child was murdered. The victim was an adult (not that that makes it any better, but I thought I should clear it up).

The accused is a minor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yikes i wouldnt know what to think, on one hand i think it would reflect badly one me, as in i hadnt taught my little one right from wrong. but i really dont know.

but tbh without knowing all of the intimate details, how could you be sure?? it could be speculation, he could be framed and have evidence planted? i would live in hope that my boy would be completely innocent and it was just a big misunderstanding.....

having said that, my boyfriend is military and the kind of countries he goes to, he has a few weapons, without going into too much detail, but if he does things and its for work, then its not murder..............

please dont quote me, im going to edit this later
    Last edited by babyspice; 23-12-2011 at 21:41. Reason: typo