+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Nobody would really know unless they were in that situation.
    I agree...I want to say 'yes'....but who knows

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP I know you don't want to go into details but do you mean that this murderer in this instance is a child or an adult now? I wonder if that matters to the topic of love and forgiveness.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It would depend on the circumstances - mainly why they committed the murder. Premeditated I'd find it hard... In the heat of the moment I probably feel differently

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Von Zipper For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    OP I know you don't want to go into details but do you mean that this murderer in this instance is a child or an adult now? I wonder if that matters to the topic of love and forgiveness.
    The murderer is technically a child.

It is very distressing and so hard to say what you would do. The parents are just devastated. The mother actually said she thinks she would have found it easier to deal with her child dying than this. They feel really betrayed and as if they don't know the person their child actually is at all.

It is heartbreaking because through all the emotion they are dealing with it is so obvious that they absolutely still love the child, but they are so hurt and conflicted by what they have done.

They have been approached by the child's solicitor to testify for the child, and they truly do want to be supportive, but they can't bring themselves to stand there in the same room as the deceased's family and defend the child's actions.

It is just heartbreaking, and I really don't know what I would do in that situation either. It is just like a whole new kind of hell I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    The murderer is technically a child.

It is very distressing and so hard to say what you would do. The parents are just devastated. The mother actually said she thinks she would have found it easier to deal with her child dying than this. They feel really betrayed and as if they don't know the person their child actually is at all.

It is heartbreaking because through all the emotion they are dealing with it is so obvious that they absolutely still love the child, but they are so hurt and conflicted by what they have done.

They have been approached by the child's solicitor to testify for the child, and they truly do want to be supportive, but they can't bring themselves to stand there in the same room as the deceased's family and defend the child's actions.

It is just heartbreaking, and I really don't know what I would do in that situation either. It is just like a whole new kind of hell I guess
    So he hasn't been convicted yet?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Again one of them situations that i couldnt even begin to comprehend of pass judgement on as i have never been in the situaltion and hope i never am

My thoughts are with the families involved

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    So he hasn't been convicted yet?
    The child has been taken into custody and is awaiting trial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It must be incredibly hard for your family friend.

I have no idea how I would react in that situation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that, as with most situations, it is impossible to say how you would feel.

Was it in cold blood? Self defence? A payback? There are far to many variables to say exactly what I would do.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Family friends of ours went through something similar, although their son was an adult. He killed his girlfriend. They love him and continue to support him by visiting him in prison. They do not condone what he has done. He has 2 children from a previous relationship and thankfully his ex allows his parents to have contact with the children all the time. They are so thankful that they haven't lost their grandchildren as well as their son. He will be in prison for approx 17 more years.

His siblings absolutely flatly refuse to believe that their brother was the murderer (he has always pled not guilty, but the courts found otherwise). It's been very very tough on them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (23-12-2011)