+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ideas needed for handmade hamper

Ok I've got one present to go. I'm making a hamper for my dad with crackers, cheese, olives, wine.

Need some more ideas on other items to add??

What can I put the stuff in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by onelasttime View Post
    Ok I've got one present to go. I'm making a hamper for my dad with crackers, cheese, olives, wine.

Need some more ideas on other items to add??

What can I put the stuff in?
    I've seen Christmassy baskets (green and red) at loads of $2 shops in the past week. Chocolate, bottle opener, DVD, or movie rental voucher, picnic blanket, wine glasses, cheese board or knives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    quince paste goes well with cheese and wine. If you can buy them the day before and keep them fresh grapes would be nice too.
    You could always put the cheese in the bottom of the hamper in a cool bag (the foil lined ones they put BBQ chicken in or the ones they use at the pharmacy for fridge stuff would be good. I'm sure you can get them from the supermarket. Failing that, wrapping them in foil and putting an icepack in the bottom should suffice. A blue bag would be a bit big) and arrange the cracker packets et al on top so everything stays fresh.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Coffee beans
    Nice loose tea leaves (like from T2) with tea infuser
    Cheese knife
    Relish
    Toffee or nougat
    Spiced nuts
    Chocolate
    Flavoured honey
    Magazine or a good book

I LOVE homemade hampers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm making one for Mum. I've got shortbread, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, gourmet chocolates, some top grade prosciutto and chorizo, truffle oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chutney, chermoula rub, relish, mustard, boiled lollies, spiced pear paste & marmalade. All the bits and pieces are "gourmet" stuff. And it's a bit of a hotch potch rather than a strict chees/wine hamper because they're her fave things and her partner loves to cook so will use the ingredients.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I'm making one for Mum. I've got shortbread, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, gourmet chocolates, some top grade prosciutto and chorizo, truffle oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chutney, chermoula rub, relish, mustard, boiled lollies, spiced pear paste & marmalade. All the bits and pieces are "gourmet" stuff. And it's a bit of a hotch potch rather than a strict chees/wine hamper because they're her fave things and her partner loves to cook so will use the ingredients.
    Wow that sounds awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Wow that sounds awesome.
    I know. I'm annoyed I can't keep it for myself LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am doing one for my 88 year old widowed grandfather who doesn't drink and is a type one diabetic (so grog or chocolate etc is out).

I have rice packets (the ones where he just has to microwave them), slow cooker recipe packs, mustard, gherkins, diet jam rolls, two fruit packs. I have made a some individual sized diabetic friendly fruit puddings, plan on making basil pesto tomorrow. There is more in it but cannot remember what.