+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Exhausted *whingy whinge whinge*

I just need to have a sook.

Last Sunday night DD1 came down with a severe case of gastro. At first it was so bad we didn't know what it was an the doctor told us to take her to emergency. At the hospital they were worried about appendicitis or a twisted bowel, so she had an xray and blood work done. She was also given IV fluids, which she did not cope with. She's on the ASD spectrum and had sensory issues with the cannula and bandage on her arm. Later that night we were released and told it was gastro and she'll get over it. She did by Thursday morning, so we spent 4 nights getting up and down out of bed looking after her. Thursday afternoon DD2 started to get clingy and whingy and her temp shot up to 39. So last night I spent all night with her as she was throwing up every hour. She couldn't even keep panadol down. I ended up putting her in bed with me and she was writhing around most of the night because she just felt so crappy

I got maybe 1-2 hour of broken sleep. This morning DD threw up another 4 times, I called nurse-on-call and they said keep her at home as she doesn't yet need medical attention.

I'm so exhausted. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and was struggling with low BP before this. I'm also supposed to be getting my iron levels checked, but the ob forgot to give me the pathology slip at my last appt and I've been too busy to go get it. I'm feeling constantly breathless and today when changing the bed sheets for the fourth time in 12 hours I did my back in. I didn't get a chance to eat or drink anything until 11.30 this morning, my house is a disgrace. The dishes are so bad right now that you have to wash a cup if you need one No one wants to come and help as it's so close to Christmas and they're scared of catching gastro. My mum even said she couldn't come up and help (an hours drive away) as she has a hair appointment she has to keep.

I'm getting Braxton hicks like crazy today, which are painful, but I'm not too worried about it as my 20 week scan said me cervix was thick and tightly closed. They're slowing me down though. I haven't finished my Christmas shopping yet, and that's stressing me out. I'm also worried about catching the bug myself as I'm worried at I'm already run down and I'm scared of how baby will cope.

I just want my kids to be well. I want DH to come home from work and help me out, I need sleep and help with the house..these things aren't going to happen though and I'm just so exhausted.

Sook finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Awwww just wanted to pop in and give you millions of Whinge away, its well deserved!! I hope you feel better soon

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing.

I can understand no one wanting to help though - no one wants gastro at Christmas. Hopefully your partner can help soon and you get some rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs. Hope your DD gets better soon.
    And hope you get some rest you poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwwwwwww big . Hope DD gets better soon and you get some well deserved rest over the xmas break.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh gosh Hun, can't your hubby come home early?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hope she gets better soon, and you escape it! What about giving her some Yakult? I know that helps me when I have gastro.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes true, no one wants gastro at xmas....but your Mum can't help because of a hair appt she needs to keep? Really??!! Sounds like my mother.

Poor thing, wish I could offer help in some way. But vent away, this forum is safe for you! *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    hugs <3 hope your DD feels better soon