+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mys View Post
    Hi Jake's mum, I was wondering which food processor you went with. I am in the exact same position - seeing that the Breville looks better value on paper, but having found mostly reviews for Magimix (as they have been doing good food processors for a lot longer).

Interestingly, Magimix have just increased the warranty on their motor to 30yrs, and Breville have a 25yr warranty on their motor - far longer than the warranties available on even KitchenAid. So in that respect they seem comparable.
    I ended up getting the Breville - the magimix weren't discounted at all on the boxing day sales and by then it was between those two as the reviews of the KA weren't great. The only thing the breville doesn't do that the magimix does is chop. But the breville was cheaper and included all the attachments whereas with the magimix you had to pay extra for several attachments included with the breville.

I'm super happy with the breville - it's insanely fast and does a great job in literarily seconds. Easy to clean to and super super sharp blades (I cut myself washing them... I wash them very carefully now!).

I also like their customer service - I had an issue with a mixer from them, they gave me a reference number and told me to return it to myer for a refund or a new mixer - got a full refund - so much easier than having to post the mixer and wait and be stuck without one (as it happened to me with some bad pots).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake's mum For This Useful Post:

ICmumma  (22-04-2012),lambjam  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a kambrook power drive.

It's been excellent for us, and DDs food. Haven't had a problem with it.
    I think we paid $120 for it.
    I remember it was quite a reasonable price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a magimix. Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a magimix and love it, my sister has the breville and loves it. I don't think u can lose with either. I bought mine online and was much cheaper than the shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    I ended up getting the Breville - the magimix weren't discounted at all on the boxing day sales and by then it was between those two as the reviews of the KA weren't great. The only thing the breville doesn't do that the magimix does is chop. But the breville was cheaper and included all the attachments whereas with the magimix you had to pay extra for several attachments included with the breville.

I'm super happy with the breville - it's insanely fast and does a great job in literarily seconds. Easy to clean to and super super sharp blades (I cut myself washing them... I wash them very carefully now!).

I also like their customer service - I had an issue with a mixer from them, they gave me a reference number and told me to return it to myer for a refund or a new mixer - got a full refund - so much easier than having to post the mixer and wait and be stuck without one (as it happened to me with some bad pots).
    Thanks heaps for your reply. First question: what do you mean by chop? Second question: If it's ok for me to ask, how much did you buy the Breville for? Am definitely leaning towards the Breville and wondering whether to wait for a discount (sometimes Breville does good deals - I got an awesome deal on my Breville Scraper Mixer).

Thanks to others for their input too. I think while KitchenAid is the king of mixers, Magimix is the king of food processors...though the Breville is shaping up as a very good value competitor. As for Thermomixes, I think in my personal situation, a good food processor would be more useful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for your reply. First question: what do you mean by chop? Second question: If it's ok for me to ask, how much did you buy the Breville for? Am definitely leaning towards the Breville and wondering whether to wait for a discount (sometimes Breville does good deals - I got an awesome deal on my Breville Scraper Mixer).

Thanks to others for their input too. I think while KitchenAid is the king of mixers, Magimix is the king of food processors...though the Breville is shaping up as a very good value competitor. As for Thermomixes, I think in my personal situation, a good food processor would be more useful.
    No worries :-) Sorry, I meant dicing not chopping. Check it out here: http://www.magimix.com.au/processors.php
    It's very cool and if not for the price difference I probably would have bought it - but the magimix including the dicing kit was about $700 and I got the breville for $$340-$380 - cant remember exactly how much- so it was quite a price difference! Though it was a boxing day sale, it was quite an empty good guys shop so they were a bit desperate, and I also bought a breville mixer - so I asked if the price was the best they could do and they took both prices down even more - ended up being about $800 for both!

I don't have a magimix so I can't compare them. But all I can say is that the breville never disappointed me and I can't say a bad word about it. I also have the mixer scraper (the one that's about $550?) from them and love it. Yeah, if I had more cash to spend I probably would've gotten a magimix food processor and KA mixer instead, but I didn't and I'm very happy with both, they're great working horses :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jake's mum View Post
    No worries :-) Sorry, I meant dicing not chopping. Check it out here: http://www.magimix.com.au/processors.php
    It's very cool and if not for the price difference I probably would have bought it - but the magimix including the dicing kit was about $700 and I got the breville for $$340-$380 - cant remember exactly how much- so it was quite a price difference! Though it was a boxing day sale, it was quite an empty good guys shop so they were a bit desperate, and I also bought a breville mixer - so I asked if the price was the best they could do and they took both prices down even more - ended up being about $800 for both!

I don't have a magimix so I can't compare them. But all I can say is that the breville never disappointed me and I can't say a bad word about it. I also have the mixer scraper (the one that's about $550?) from them and love it. Yeah, if I had more cash to spend I probably would've gotten a magimix food processor and KA mixer instead, but I didn't and I'm very happy with both, they're great working horses :-)
    Wow, we are on the same journey! What initially drew me to the Magimix was its dicing kit - that seemed to set it apart from all the other food processors. But did you know that from 1 Dec 2011 - 31 Jan 2012 you could get a free dicing kit if you bought a new Magimix?? I was spewing when I found out - I begged the Magimix rep to extend me that offer and she said no. But when I spoke to her in more detail about it, it seems the kit is only good at dicing potatoes, not carrots, which is what I would have needed it for the most...so that took the shine off the kit for me.

I got the cheaper Scraper Mixer at the Boxing Day scales (also from Good Guys) and I'm also super happy with it, and rather pleased to have saved $500 from not buying a KitchenAid!

Well it sounds like you got an awesome deal, not sure if I'll be able to get a deal like that, even if I wait for a sale!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    subbing from phone to read later on the pc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got the Magimix 5500 (birthday present from Dad a few years ago). I LOVE it. It's apparently the one a lot of restaurants use, and I can see why. It's very powerful, durable and the three sized bowls are very handy. I make quiche pastry in it (I only process until it comes together then I roll it out on the bench). No matter what brand you get, a food processor is a super handy thing to have in the kitchen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, we are on the same journey! What initially drew me to the Magimix was its dicing kit - that seemed to set it apart from all the other food processors. But did you know that from 1 Dec 2011 - 31 Jan 2012 you could get a free dicing kit if you bought a new Magimix?? I was spewing when I found out - I begged the Magimix rep to extend me that offer and she said no. But when I spoke to her in more detail about it, it seems the kit is only good at dicing potatoes, not carrots, which is what I would have needed it for the most...so that took the shine off the kit for me.

I got the cheaper Scraper Mixer at the Boxing Day scales (also from Good Guys) and I'm also super happy with it, and rather pleased to have saved $500 from not buying a KitchenAid!

Well it sounds like you got an awesome deal, not sure if I'll be able to get a deal like that, even if I wait for a sale!
    It's a long time till Christmas! It was awesome, I was lucky that it was a good guys close to chadstone (a massive shopping centre if you're not from Melbourne), so everyone went there for the boxing day sale and the good guys 2km away was really empty with loads of stock!

They did have the magimix with the dicing kit for free back then (not at the good guys), but it wasn't even a tiny bit discounted, so it was still about $700, maybe $660? I was willing to pay up to max $550 so it wasn't an option. And DP would've killed me if I came home having spent over a grand!

Good luck with finding a good deal. You really can't go wrong either the breville or the magimix. And if you can wait, end of financial year sales are just a couple of months away :-)