+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Food processors... Breville? Magimix? Kitchenaid?

After years with the Braun stick mixer I'm graduating to a real food processor... I'm willing to spend about $500. I think I want the Breville wizz pro - it looks good on paper and I have never been disappointed with Breville so far.

But - I can't find any reviews for it after 2009, only for the cheaper one, the wizz. And it seems most people who spend around $500 or more buy magimix or kitchenaid. I can afford the magimix 3200 or kitchenaid artisan food processor. On paper the Breville looks better - much more powerful (2000watt) and it's got 4 blades and lots of attachments all included... Does anyone have the wizz pro? Are you happy with it? Or can someone tell me why magimix and KA seem to sell so much better/have awesome reviews? Are they actually better than the wizz pro?

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a breville ikon, and have found it great.

Although I mostly use the blades inside, and not the attached ones.

It was under $250 from memory. I bought it in September so it hasn't had the test of time yet.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I quite like kenwood kitchen appliances - I think they are the work horses of the kitchen. Sorry if I have added to your confusion.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not owning all of them (lol) I can't comment on the whole lot, but DH got me a Magimix for my last birthday and it's great. Easy to clean, lots of useful attachments (rather than the ones you look at and think 'what the') and I like the fact that all of the attachments have their own storage container (not sure if this is the case for all). DH's brother is the state merchandiser for Wheel and Barrow and he said that they are far and beyond the Kitchen Aid (which was what DH was going to get to match the mixer he got me for my 30th)....though both are more than I would have spent on myself, so were a nice surprise! The only thing I personally have seen in the Breville (when using a friends) is that the 'seal' when you were twisting the lid on wasn't as tight, and so I got a lot of 'crumbs' caught in the top and had to take it off one or twice so that they could fall back in to be properly mixed. Also I believe that more of the Breville working components are plastic (info from BIL above) which means that there is more wear on them....but them my MIL has a 20yo Breville, so I guess it all depends on how you use them.

Good luck with your decision - it's amazing what you can do with them...replaces so much in the kitchen if you keep it out and handy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I'm now leaning a bit more towards the magimix... Will
    Have to go on boxing day and have a look and make a decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my kitchenaid food processor.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which did you go with?

Hi Jake's mum, I was wondering which food processor you went with. I am in the exact same position - seeing that the Breville looks better value on paper, but having found mostly reviews for Magimix (as they have been doing good food processors for a lot longer).

Interestingly, Magimix have just increased the warranty on their motor to 30yrs, and Breville have a 25yr warranty on their motor - far longer than the warranties available on even KitchenAid. So in that respect they seem comparable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just bought the Breville and was wondering same as you. I did my research and it seemed to have a lot of great reviews for the price range. I was carrying it out of the shops when a lady stopped me and said that she had one and it was the BEST she'd ever had, then went on to tell me all its pros and cons. Mostly pros. First time I have ever appreciated a random stranger stopping to give advice out of the blue!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a Sunbeam Cafe series. It's fine, it does the job, but after a couple of years the bits don't fit together quite as nicely, there are small patches of rust in inaccessible areas, and I just wish to heavens I'd bought the KitchenAid. I have a KitchenAid mixer and it is just so darn solid, it feels like it will last forever, nothing tinny or cheap about it.

Please diminish my own regrets and get the KitchenAid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a sunbeam which is/was really good. Until I dropped the lid and cracked it. So I'm using MILs kenwood until I get another and it's fantastic, I actually like it better then my old one as it seems to have more power and it is actually a couple of years older then mine.

I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting a Thermo.. Maybe.. I don't know yet. Lol