+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default At my wits end!

Ok i have to summarise, but my mil is so hurtful. DH and i have been married for 3 years now and mil always has had it against me tfor taking her son away from her. Anyway sil and i dont get along after she wrote a nasty message on fb about dh losing his job whilst i was pregnant, i approached her and she screamed at me and told me what for, i nearly lost my bub. I never got an apology and was told by mil to GET OVER IT!, i never have that was two years ago. SIL is such a jealous person like her mother.

Anyway, mil just goes out of her way to be nasty no matter what becuase i refuse to talk too sil, with good reason i reckon.

The other night was DH birthday and mil came in like a thunder cloud, started with all the snide comments. She is driving me bonkers.

I just wish DH could be strong enough to say ENOUGH!!!

We are now ttc #2 and all this stress and rubbish is not helping, sorry about the vent, but needed to get it out...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chin up. I wish I had words of wisdom.

All I know is I took a step back & didn't participate in the *****iness. Was nice & polite etc. Let them show their true colours & the DH will step up.

Sent from my Atari 2600

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Opaque For This Useful Post:

onkybear  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry your mil and sil are acting the way they are

By you getting upset and thinking about it 24/7 and having it all affect your life, they are one up on you. It hurts to hear the passive aggressive comments I know that (been in your shoes believe me) . But for you to get mad with them they are getting what they want. They want you to react in a rotten way so DH will see what you are doing and not what they are doing therefore you are the troublemaker. My advice to you is be as nice as pie to them when you see them. Smile make cheerfull conversations and when they make the comments turn your listening ears off, go somewhere private to cool down, then come back out like they said nothing. Eventually they will get bored and leave you alone. Tell DH what is going on and what you will be doing so he can back you up and understand why you are so stressed. Take back the reins to your mind and stop giving them free space better spent on storing happy memories for you, dh and your kids. Hope that made sense cause it did in my head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice, i know thats what i have to do, my mum says the same. Smile at them, thats what they would hate. Dont fall into their trap of acting so horrible.

Thanks again