+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How long will miscarriage take?

Hello ladies. I started brown spotting last night and a scan today showed only a sac, no yolk sac etc. I should have been 6 weeks today but it was dating at less than 5 weeks. My gp says that I will bleed more heavily but I am not sure when this will happen, or for how long? Will it still be happening on Christmas day? Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    After my pos test I got a neg (then a much fainter pos the next morning than my first test) and I knew something was wrong. The neg was a Sun night, I started bleeding Mon morning, but not heavy. Then in the early hours of Tues morning I m/c and it was very very heavy.

If you haven't started properly bleeding in 3 or 4 days I would go to the drs as it may be a missed m/c, which is basically a loss than doesn't doesn't leave the body on it's own (trying to word that delicately) and you may need a d&c

to you at a difficult time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Oh hun I am so sorry I spotted for 4 days with the 5th day the bleeding started, day 6 was the day I m/c then bled/spotted on & off for another week. Was 7 weeks

Be gentle on yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went for a scan at 7w+6 on a Saturday. It showed I was at 5w+4. I went on Tuesday to gp. She sent me for a blood test on Tuesday and thursday. On Tuesday I started spotting brown until thursday when it turned a light red. On Friday gp rang with blood results to say my hgc levels were going down. Two hours later I starred heavier bleeding and the mc took the about 48 to turn into just a normal period
    I'm sorry for your loss

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lost a baby last year... It started with brown spotting for two days. I then bled very heavily for a few days and then had period-like bleeding for a week following...all up it was probably 10 days. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry for your loss I had a miscarriage last year, i was 5 weeks along. I had brown spotting for 2 days then some light blood for another 2 days, I was told i was going to miscarry. That night i began to bleed heavily this carried on for about 4-5 days. After that it was pretty much like I had my period. All up it was around 1.5 -2 weeks. I only had cramping on the first night i bled really heavily. Again I'm so sorry for your loss and please Take Care of Yourself xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss. I miscarried last weekend. Started spotting on Friday, got heavier on Saturday and until Weds was pretty heavy with intense tummy cramps. It started to lighten yesterday and is almost gone today. I was about 6 weeks. Take care hon and have lots of panadeine or similar at hand to help you through. I hope you feel better soon.