+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dear soon to be MIL **vent**

JUST because Im not the actual mother of your grandchild DOESN'T mean you get to treat me as if I dont exist. I am the one marrying your son whether you like it or not SO GET USED TO IT.

Pretending I dont exist and crawling up inside his ex like shes a tent isn't going to get you ANYWHERE. HE DOESNT WANT TO BE WITH HER and the sooner YOU and HER work that out the better.

Im f$%king over you all at the moment treating me like Im not even here just cause for some unknown reason you dont like me. well TOO BAD im here and we're getting married. And guess what we're eloping and NONE of you are going to be there so eat a giant bag of phallus's

anyhoo i feel a bit better after that outburst thanks lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (24-12-2011),zombiekitty  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Has she always been like this towards you? Or more so now you're getting married?

to you.

My MIL is a right royal cow (no offense to cows ) I know how frustrating it can be biting your tongue all the time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt think she was always like this, unless she just hid it better. But it seems to be worse since we got engaged. I havent even got a congrats from her. NOTHING the last time we went there after we got engaged she never said a word about it, didnt even ask to see the ring .. Im pretty sure shes not happy about it but I just dont know why. Theres never been fights no rude words nothing. But this is really making me dislike her

She talks to his ex so much texting, phone, facebook. ALL day on fb actually. I tagged her in something last week and I didnt even get a like from her! just pretended it wasnt there. I just dont know what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Sounds like my MIL

My DH and I had our first child before we were married, she was happy for us (although she did say bub wasn't his ) but then when we got married, she turned into a cow, told him not to marry me etc etc

Tbh, the best thing you could probably do is ignore her, as hard as that is. I know my DH and I interact on FB with eachother and mutual friends and it drives her insane I'm not friends with her on FB so she only ever sees half a conversation and she hates it.

So many times she has said stuff about me that the stupid git thinks I can't see, but I can. I have wanted to respond soooo many times, but I dont want to put DH in that position, plus she makes herself look like a twit without any help from me.

It sucks though, not actually knowing what you've done wrong . MIL is friends on FB with one of hubby's exes (from like 25 years ago ) and she still hints at what "could have been" and we have been together 14 years and have 7 children

Try not to let it get you down and just rejoice in some smugness that he WANTS to marry YOU

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DQ For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully she wakes up to herself soon. Can't be nice to deal with.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Cj* View Post
    Take the ex out of it and we could have the same MIL.

Enjoy your wedding, my mum was at ours but that's only because we had to change the date at the last min due to DH work. No other family was there. I was sitting for my P plates and DH was going to be away so my mum come over from SA to Vic to babysit DD. DH got back the day before the wedding.
    My sister had her wedding 1 month later all the family went and my mum said my wedding rocked over my sisters. It was much better without all the family
    I really considering just going away interstate somewhere getting married and coming back and saying SUPRISE! then if she asks why we did that im just going to tell her flat out why. Pretty sure my mum would be OK with it lol shes not one for big family events

Thanks
    Reviews
    She sounds like a right royal pita!, like my mil. She is so nasty aswell, you are not alone.

I agree try and ignore her the best you can, her behaviour will show its ugly self to others. Thats what i TRY and do, hold your tongue and smile. Thats what i find gets those kind of people, they thrive on drama. Well my mil and sil do anyway, and it eats them up no end.

Why cant these women be happy that their sons have found women that make them ahppy.. oh thats right, jeaouls...

Goodluck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmi77 For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well she just successfully ruined christmas. She spent the night with DF's ex's cousin last night and they obviously had a nice little ***** fest. Got a big long diatribe on FB this morning from the cousin telling DF what a C word he is for spending christmas with me and "Her f@cked kids" and he is selfish for not driving over 2 hours away to spend christmas with his mother and wanting to spend it with me. Then how they wish he was with his ex instead of me then ranting on about how awful me and my kids are and telling him what an awful rather he is because he looks after me and my kids and never see's his own daughter ( shes here every fortnight/more during holidays) blah blah blah

Im so hurt and upset. They've ruined my nice family christmas I had planned. And because she was drinking last night shes pulled the 'i dont know what you're talking about' nonsense so ONCE again she doesnt have to answer for herself while im being made to feel like sh!t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoa, they all sound like toxic snakes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (24-12-2011)

dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh MILs are the worst! I can empathise (((((hugs)))))). My MIL hates me & I am the mother of DHs child. Sometimes you can't win either way. She sounds like a loser, just wipe her if you can.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dreadlockfairy For This Useful Post:

Lemmings  (24-12-2011)