+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Buy a baby bottle and out the test in it and leave it where he will see it

With our first, DH was helping a mate move. I got there before he did, and as he walked through the door, I said "hello daddy". He let a few choice words go, so I showed him the test to prove it

The rest i have just blurted it out "I'm pregnant". Nothing creative lol.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was too excited to get creative, I called DH at work and told him, he didn't believe the test or me (we'd been TTC for 2 years), went to the doctors, doctor had to talk him into believing it. I was so frustrated.

With DD he told me to test because he thought I was pregnant, I didn't believe him. I POAS and left it while I went to hang washing out, he checked, saw two lines and came out to tell me, I was in disbelief. We were 'open to conceiving', but naively didn't think it would happen so soon especially after our earlier struggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dress the kids in shirts that say 'I'm a big sister/brother!' and let him figure it out!

We have a cat baby at the moment who we both love to pieces (but sadly no human babies yet) so I've bought a tiny onesie that says on it 'My sister is a cat' which Ive wrapped up and stored ready to give to DH when it is finally our turn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dannii83 View Post
    Californication - sorry to hear about your loss as well Hun! I tell you what though my goodness your life sounds so interesting!! Especially with the ambulance trip to hospital!
    Thanks. The loss was a while ago now, but still thought I would put it in as it was such an exciting moment for us. Pity it didn't stay that way, but that's life.

With my DS, it certainly was interesting! And I was stone cold sober too! Stupid slippery floor. I wasn't laughing then as was in a lot of pain and was only allowed Panadol after the BFP, but I can laugh about it now. Certainly a good story to tell him when he's older

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Or maybe a text like 'hey in *due month* we'll have 33.33333% more children"

My uncle told his daughter that his DF was expecting by saying soon you'll have 3 step siblings and 3 half siblings"

He's getting married to his fiancée who has 3 children and his ex has 1 child to her new husband and 1 on the way & plus his new baby makes 3.

Just to make his daughter have to do the maths. Lol.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 22-12-2011 at 17:22.

DreamsIntoReality is offline Each day gives hope to fulfilling our dreams!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is a chef and I came across a site called cafepress that sell all sorts of clothing with different slogans, etc. I purchased a onesie that had "Future chef just like my daddy" and a teddy dressed a chef on it.
    After our failed IVF attempts, we had decided to wait until next year to decide whether to go through IVF again our go on the adoption waiting list.
    DH was laying in a hospital bed and I went in to see him and held the onesie over my belly, he read it and said "that's cute where did you get that from?" Then I told him that he needed to read it again and he was like "Nnoooo", I just nodded my head and brought out the 3 pregnancy tests to confirm it. He started crying and had the largest smile on his face. His hospital stay was a great one after that :-), even though it took us weeks to realise it was true and happened naturally.

Using my mobile to access bubhub again ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not how I told hubby, but it's how we told our parents....

We have a 'my family' sticker on our car, and we added a third bub to the family and hung around the car when we arrived at their house, chatting and nonchalantly playing with the sticker. My mum cried, and his dad actually didn't get it. He said, 'hang on, you've got 3 kids there, that's a mistake...' we had to give him a 'look' for him to get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Start wearing a pillow under your shirt and saying your feet look swollen...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With this current pregnancy it was 0530 in the morning and I had done a test the night before which ( I thought) was negative. Anyway, I did a test as I had a feeling but couldn't tell if it was my imagination or if there was a line
    So dh woke up to me shoving a test in his face at 0530 saying " I think there's a line do u see a line??" he was so tired but managed to confirm there was a line.

I then dug the night befores test out of the bin and there it was a very obvious line

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i couldn't hold it in... after 3 years i was tooo excited not to tell him straight away, i phoned him at work and was giggling so much i couldn't really get it out!
    Told my mum by saying she needed to start knitting for a winter baby

when DH got home from work i had a onsie that say's my daddy is a star and a your're the daddy book ready for him with his scotch

you could maybe take a photo of the test and edit it on photobucket.....