Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeandme View Post
    You can order from Ceres?
    From here
    http://www.ceresfairfood.org.au/

I just realized its only a Melbourne service though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah $200 should be fine if breast feeding. I feed 4 on that, just need to be careful what you buy, generally healthy eating is so much cheaper than rating processed crap, or frozen ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it can be easily done. Our family is me, DH and 10 month old DD and we spend about $120/week and we don't go without. I think meal planning and buying home brand are the key. I buy lots of Coles home brand and I dont think there is any difference. I don't buy home brand coffee, toilet paper, toiletries but things like flour, tinned veg, milk and cheese are fine with us.
    I think also when you have a baby, the ability to impulse buy drops dramatically as it is a hassle going into the shops if it can be avoided.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *Sigh* I wish. Absolutely NOT doable for us. We only have the option of one supermarket (Woolworths). The next closest is 2.5 hours drive away and they take full advantage of that.

I think if we had the option of Aussie Farmer's Direct, Aldi and supermarkets with competition, then yes, we could do it (currently 2 adults and toddler in MCN's part time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We could never do it with our family now... There's two adults and three kids to feed here and it averages out at about $300 a week. I have made so many cuts without compromising health and we don't buy any junk food, no formula, no cleaning products, I don't include toiletries in that either.
    I do all the right things to keep the cost down...but from Farmer's Markets, stock up on things when they're on special, buy home brand (on the things I can without compromising health), make just about everything from scratch etc. etc. but we can't do it.
    My kids do have allergies and so they milk that we drink alone is $2.90 per Litre! I can't wait to get my thermomix so I can start making our own milk to drink (+ all the other things we'll save money on).

I can't remember what groceries used to cost us when it was just three of us..less I'm sure....probably around the $200 mark.