+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i was babysitting my bosses kid (2.5) the other day at work and I shut the office door so he didn't run out.

He said 'oh no, no, no. Must leave door open - we need fresh air to breath best and play'.

I asked his mum later and she has taught him that because he was obsessed with shutting the doors. Worked for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DDs the same. I
    Have foam stoppers on the doors I don't want closed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh arn't I just the big mouth over here

So we're at mothers group today and what happens? Slams his fingers in his little friend's bedroom door, as if I don't hate it bad enough we he gets hurt, now I have to apologize for jinxing him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    Oh arn't I just the big mouth over here

So we're at mothers group today and what happens? Slams his fingers in his little friend's bedroom door, as if I don't hate it bad enough we he gets hurt, now I have to apologize for jinxing him!
    Whose DS got hurt? Yours or her's? Fingers crosses (no pun intended), your DS is at that stage then that he might have learnt a consequence? And hope whomever's fingers hit squished that they are better now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He slammed his own fingers in the door... yes I'm hoping now he'll say "door" and I'll say "ouch" and he'll run in the other direction!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ouch poor wee fellow.
    I used the foam door things too but if they slam the doors hard enough the foam things will break - we did have metal door frames so that mat make a difference.
    I made DD spend about 5 mins one day opening and closing doors gently. - actually have done it a few times now she was really good for ages afterwards but needed a refresher a few months ago (she is now 5) but it seemed to work. Need to try it on DS who takes great delight in slamming doors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Seacretsquirrel For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to use those foam stoppers too till they kept breaking so now I just use either a folded up baby blanket or a terry nappy square and hang it over the top of the door. When they close it it gets stuck in the door frame before it closes. Works a treat and the kids can't reach it to pull it down