Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I find this thread so distasteful. I might be a cynic, but to me it seems like a man trying to prove he's somehow worth YET ANOTHER chance by attempting to get a bunch of women onside, some of which know the woman he screwed over far more many times than could reasonably be forgiven.

I dunno, maybe public apologies work - but just because you're willing to say it in front of a group doesn't make it anymore sincere than saying it privately - in fact, I think I'd be incredibly embarrassed if my ex, one who had treated me with such disrespect and unfair cruelty, invaded the online space I considered to be a bit of a sanctuary.

It's surely also distasteful to explain to a bunch of women how much you love your wife, when clearly your actions have proved otherwise. If she wants to give you a chance, she will... but why the need to publicise this? Be a man and prove it with actions - not by declarations of love on an internet forum.

I hope the woman in concern feels comfortable here on the hub after this, and I hope that she feels free to make the best decision she can for her, regardless of a single thread on a forum.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-12-2011),Pinkzy  (22-12-2011),SugarSkull  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I disagree MisterSmith, I think it's entirely selfish...and maybe a little egotistical in the sense that really, you want YOUR idea of a happy family back...and I'm afraid you gave up your rights to that some time ago.

I guess it's because my idea of a happy family is well, just that. I don't know if a truly happy family could be one with zero/little/tainted trust, heart wrenchingly bad memories and the doubt that would be in ones mind wondering if her happy family would ever crumble again because of her husbands prior actions. I mean let's not kid ourselves, those actions are unforgettable.

I also think it's selfish because, as you know, your wife was affected in every single way. From reading her threads, she was physically ill due to your actions as well as emotionally broken.

I guess I just can't fathom even asking for another chance...because if it was me (who did what you did), I could never ever risk my children's well being by trying to get back with their mum. Simply because, given the experience, I would know I'd be a potential risk (to her mental and physical health) should I ever make such a terrible mistake(s) again. Which let's face it, is a risk considering what's happened before.

However, in saying all of that. It sounds like, at least for the kids, you guys are a happy family It sounds like you see your kids a lot and it's obvious that your ex wife is being amicable, understanding etc. It's also good that you both seem to be getting along and I really hope you both can become (and remain) good friends, including the time when/if she meets somebody else.
    Last edited by Pinkzy; 22-12-2011 at 23:01.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

laurea  (23-12-2011),SugarSkull  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses, it's appreciated. I think I have given people the wrong idea about why I'm here. I came on for support and advice, not to get women onside and not to invade DW's space.

I have decided to get this thread closed. Thanks again

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSmith For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think if DW does not have an issue with you being here, then neither should we.
    Just to have her back in your life at all, your a lucky boy, so I would not bother buying a lotto or raffle ticket ever agin, lucks all used up buddy

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Relationships are between two people. This is between you and her. Nothing a forum of women says will have any merit.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678