+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Why do I DO santa, well i have a thing for Fat Geizers that where red suits and shout HO HO HO

Nah kidding

I just like the whole magic of christmas things, Mikenzee is so excited about what her surprise from Santa will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only just found out this year that some people get presents from Santa - I feel so deprived

We always knew about Santa the character, but I suppose we always just assumed he was just a character ... like a cartoon or something. We always knew Mum and Dad had bought the presents.

I reckon it would have been a bit more exciting if we actually thought Santa had been. I am SO doing Santa for my kids when I have them! It will make it so much more magical!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    I only just found out this year that some people get presents from Santa - I feel so deprived

We always knew about Santa the character, but I suppose we always just assumed he was just a character ... like a cartoon or something. We always knew Mum and Dad had bought the presents.

I reckon it would have been a bit more exciting if we actually thought Santa had been. I am SO doing Santa for my kids when I have them! It will make it so much more magical!
    Your not kidding are you?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You didnt know that 'Santa' gave presents, until this year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Your not kidding are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    You didnt know that 'Santa' gave presents, until this year?
    Yep. Like, I knew what Santa looked like and everything, and I knew the 'story' that Santa has elves, makes presents, reindeers, sleigh and what not, but I didn't know some kids had presents under the tree that said 'To Timmy, From Santa'.

Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. Like, I knew what Santa looked like and everything, and I knew the 'story' that Santa has elves, makes presents, reindeers, sleigh and what not, but I didn't know some kids had presents under the tree that said 'To Timmy, From Santa'.

Does that make sense?
    Ummm...can I be honest? It makes sense if you were living under a rock, or you are like 12 now!

Sorry but it just seems unbelievable that in all your schooling years you never heard kids talk about Santa giving presents.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews

Does that make sense?
    So who did you think the presents were for? Or did you think Santa was running the official Christmas Toy Factory that made the presents the adults gave to the kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Ummm...can I be honest? It makes sense if you were living under a rock, or you are like 12 now!

Sorry but it just seems unbelievable that in all your schooling years you never heard kids talk about Santa giving presents.
    Nope, never. Can't say a kid ever said to me 'and I got such and such from Santa and such and such from Mum ...'. It just didn't work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    So who did you think the presents were for? Or did you think Santa was running the official Christmas Toy Factory that made the presents the adults gave to the kids?
    I thought it was a bit like Cinderella - a fairytale. Although Mum once told me that kids whose parents couldn't get them presents for one reason or another got presents given by Santa.

Honestly, I didn't know it was so commonplace!

Thanks
    Reviews
    now that im a mum, i do santa because my parents never put in the effort or anything to make xmas special when we (me & siblings) were growing up.

we couldnt have a tree (real or fake) because it made a mess, we couldnt wake up early because my father wanted to sleep in, we got one present each and it was never wrapped, it was always in a black garbage bag, my sister and i always got identical presents (pound puppies or cabbage patch dolls), my brothers got identical presents also (lego or mecano), so many other things that we wernt allowed to do related to xmas, looking back at what our xmas experiences were as kids, it was sh*t, my father was always angry at everything, it was never a pleasant xmas, it was never a fun-filled happy event, it was always a negative horrible day. (i could go on.. but i think were trying to keep this a happy thread)

now that i have ds i deliberately go out of my way to see that he has the xmas that i didnt get to have, he wont suffer the same fate, he will get an actual xmas, he will get toys that he wants, he will have lollies and xmas cake and whatever others normally have. i want my ds to have happy memories of xmas ♥♥♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancer View Post
    now that im a mum, i do santa because my parents never put in the effort or anything to make xmas special when we (me & siblings) were growing up.

we couldnt have a tree (real or fake) because it made a mess, we couldnt wake up early because my father wanted to sleep in, we got one present each and it was never wrapped, it was always in a black garbage bag, my sister and i always got identical presents (pound puppies or cabbage patch dolls), my brothers got identical presents also (lego or mecano), so many other things that we wernt allowed to do related to xmas, looking back at what our xmas experiences were as kids, it was sh*t, my father was always angry at everything, it was never a pleasant xmas, it was never a fun-filled happy event, it was always a negative horrible day. (i could go on.. but i think were trying to keep this a happy thread)

now that i have ds i deliberately go out of my way to see that he has the xmas that i didnt get to have, he wont suffer the same fate, he will get an actual xmas, he will get toys that he wants, he will have lollies and xmas cake and whatever others normally have. i want my ds to have happy memories of xmas ♥♥♥
    Sorry to hear that . But yay for not re-living it thru your child, but experiencing it thru your child!