+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I "do" Santa only because that is how I was raised.
    When I was 4 years old, we moved to The Netherlands. I lived there for nearly 20 years, so I can say I was raised in a Dutch way.
    We celebrate "Saint Nicolaas day". St Nicolaas was born on the 6th of December and he was the patron saint of children. This is why we always did the presents for kids and not for adults.
    When we moved back to Australia, I assumed that is what they did in Australia with Santa Clause. Santa Clause being Saint Nicolaas and being the patron of the children. So that is why I believe in gifts for the kids from Santa Clause only.

I do not understand why I would give DS gifts from Santa as well as from me. I dont mind giving all the glory to Santa as one day DS will figure out he doesn't exist anyway and that i have been buying all his presents.
    If I want to give him extra presents just because I love him, I will do so on his birthday. Not with Christmas though.
    The reason Santa doesn't bring all the presents in our house is because Growing up my Mum worked at a youth center were the kids got nothing or very little from Santa. The question of why Santa "loved" some kids more then others was thrown around a lot.

I don't want DD to every think like
    That or wonder why Santa brought her a $800 outdoor set but only got her cousin a doll.

I don't know though, I'd like to make all presents from Santa but I'm over thinking it

Santa will always buy her a present and fill her stocking (we won't lose the magic ) just unsure if I'm going to do them all from him.
    Last edited by waterlily; 22-12-2011 at 04:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i love the idea of santa, its something for my children to get excited about (and it makes them behave close to christmas lol)

I love how excited my eldest (7) gets putting out his and the reindeer's food, even just putting the tree and the outdoor lights up.

This year is especially special for us, its our first Christmas in our first Home (house), so we have gone overboard with the outdoor lights and things. Its fantastic!!

And the look on their faces in the morning when santa has been, she gets so excited just seeing the food has been eaten! I dread when she is old enough to know better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Bc it's a magical time that is so fleeting and we love it. DD is 7 and was told this year by a class mate that santa isn't real and a lie parents tell their kids. She seems to not believe it but I do think this will be the last year

I remember as a kid lying awake, so excited trying to listen for santa on the roof. We would put out cake and milk for santa and a carrot for the reindeer. I found out at 7 santa wasn't real and xmas was never the same after that. Sure there was still pressies and good food, but the magic was gone.

I don't have an issue with those that don't do santa, entirely their choice, but for OUR family, it's a wonderful time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I don't want DD to every think like
    That or wonder why Santa brought her a $800 outdoor set but only got her cousin a doll.
    I have told DD1 that some families give their kids presents so for those families Santa doesn't bring as many presents but because we don't give them presents Santa brings them lots...it's also how he can fit all those toys in his sack This has worked well because this year DS is getting something from us, due to the fact that we couldn't hide it from our DD's so Santa isn't bringing him as much because he is getting a special present from us this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This will almost certainly bring me looks of scorn and snorts of derision, buuut...

I never really stopped believing.

I knew (at some stage) that my parents bought my presents, and that the same was true for most people. But I still thought that it didn't mean there was NO Santa anywhere...

And I kind of like holding on to that magic. Hopefully DD will too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Because its a magical time of year, and I want DS to feel that magic as well- there's just nothing like it. While I promote but don't believe in the physical being of Santa Clause, I very much believe in what he can bring for people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    This will almost certainly bring me looks of scorn and snorts of derision, buuut...

I never really stopped believing.

I knew (at some stage) that my parents bought my presents, and that the same was true for most people. But I still thought that it didn't mean there was NO Santa anywhere...

And I kind of like holding on to that magic. Hopefully DD will too
    This.

I also can't imagine not having him.
    I still get presents from Santa

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Because it's so exciting and magical for the kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it wrong that every time I see the title of this thread I have a little giggle? And that I want to write something naughty in reply?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Is it wrong that every time I see the title of this thread I have a little giggle? And that I want to write something naughty in reply?
    I roll my eyes while singing "Here we go, here we go, here we go again, oh here we go again".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

Californication  (22-12-2011)