+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why do you do Santa?

This thread is for people who do have santa.
    Nothing against those that don't, just really want to have a santa love in.

We have Santa for a few reasons...
    mainly for me, its a connection to my mum. She died when I was 16.

She loved christmas. We would have nothing christmassy in the house on christmas eve and then we would go to my grans, while my mum went to a "christmas party".
    She would pick us up at around 8pm and we would drive around looking at lights..
    when we got home, there would be a tree with lights and lolly bags and loads of pressies..then he would come again and fill the stockings while we slept.
    It was pure magic.
    So its a part of my childhood and the only time i ever felt close to my mum.

DH calls him Santy and is very into all things magical. To him it is childhood and he loves it as much as me.

so why do you have Santa, visit?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Because in my opinion, it's part of childhood. That's not a dig at those who don't have Santa, just the way I feel because of how I was raised I guess .

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats exactly it Pinkzy, we all do what feels right to us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Because Santa was the most amazing, magical time for me as a kid! I have the BEST memories of Christmas and I couldn't imagine not giving my children the same experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    because i love sharing the magic and mystery of santa claus with my children.
    i love how each year DD1 becomes more inquisitive about santa and asks endless questions about his magical home in the north pole.

children are only children once so i love filling their younger years with excitement and fun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Areca  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I can't imagine NOT doing Santa, that's why.

I have had nothing in my life happen that has lead my to believe that it's a bad idea. I loved it as a kid, and want that for DD too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 is too old for Santa but I love that she is still a "believer" in the spirit of St Nicholas and the magic of Christmas in bringing people together and sharing. DD2 will have Santa and I'm sure DD1 will love playing along!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do I do santa? The look on my childrens faces when they wake up and see the presents under the tree. It is just priceless. So I guess that is why I do it.

I love Christmas so much

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as all above - I'm in live with Christmas and the feel good magic of Father Christmas. I get it from my mum - she made Christmas magical and awesome for us and I want to do the same for my children. (my parents had to tell me before I went to high school that santa didn't exist - that is how much effort my parents out into the magical side of father chrismas!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you asked for people who only DO Santa OP -- but excuse me while I butt in.

We don't 'promote' Santa as such here.

But.... I get to experience all the things you guys are talking about too -- my kids tell ME all about the magical fantasy that Santa is - they truly are into it. I just smile and nod and say, 'tell me more..'
    It is fascinating to hear what they learn from their Nanna and other family members and friends..not to mention the staff at school, kindy, and random strangers we bump into at the shops or park.

So while I don't get all hyped up re xmas [I have my own family memories that make me feel this way too] ... I can still enjoy the smiles and laughter and imagination of my children.

we don't squash dead the idea of Santa here ~ I think even if we tried we'd get a big fat 'Nah Uh!!' from three very determined kidlets that know ALL of the reindeer names.

..just wanted let you know - not all 'Non santa peeps' are fantasy killers

Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 21-12-2011 at 21:53. Reason: I can't spell