+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    Nope, no idea. It's so EXTREMELY frustrating each time the midwives say "welcome to late pregnancy" or "it's completely normal" etc etc.. I've been pregnant before, this isn't NORMAL! "Normal" isn't feeling like you could crack in half at any given time. "Normal" isn't having to lie in a position that hurts every single other part of your body, just so one part isn't excruciatingly painful for a few minutes.
    A midwife last week even suggested getting down into the "cat pose" to stretch myself out a bit... as that's what she used to do when she was pregnant .. yeah right, if I could even get down on the floor to start with, there's no way in the world I'd be able to get back up again!

I'm counting down the days now (20 to go), and hoping like crazy this little guy decides to get things moving earlier.

Thanks for the well wishes
    Omg Omg Omg this drives me insane too!!!

I've been seeing the hospital physio since 17 weeks with spd, none of which I had with my first pregnancy. I have found ways to cope and wear a tubi grip (also have bad abdominal separation) and pelvic belt religiously, but still have days where I can barely walk!! Especially now with only 11 days til I'm due and bubs has turned posterior!!!

I was only saying to DF yesterday that I'm so glad we've got an ensuite in the bedroom coz there is no way I'd be able to walk to the toilet in the middle of the night if it was more than a few steps away!!! The pelvic pressure when I need to wee is insane!!!

I hope u find some comfort until your LO is due :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof1expecting2 View Post
    The pelvic pressure when I need to wee is insane!!!
    Yes.. its the worst. Only reason I haven't resorted to sleeping pills (baby friendly ones of course), is that my bladder will get too full if I sleep too heavily.. If I have to hold on at all (as in a whole hour between pees ), it's crazy.

I've been taking a few painkillers though, panadol osteo during the day (as suggested by physio), and panadeine forte before bed. I've been a bit anti the painkillers until the past few days but I figure being completely wiped out every day can't be any good for bub either and he doens't let up on the karate chops to my insides so it can't knock be knocking him out too badly.

One good thing about all this though - I have absolutely NO concern about being in pain after my c/s.. DP thinks I've lost the plot but I'm actually looking forward to that recovery, as I know it's going to improve

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Sorry, thread jacking.

Do/did you want more? Has it put you off?
    I definately do not want anymore babies produced by my body.

If SPD was my only issue, I may have thought about it again but I had HG, 6 bleeds (1 huge one, where we almost lost him), and he came at 35wks.

SPD is very hard to cope with especially with other children at home. I continued to work F/T & my work was great but if I was a sahm I couldn't have done it.

SAHM is the hardest job ever!!!

Sent from my Atari 2600

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I definately do not want anymore babies produced by my body.

If SPD was my only issue, I may have thought about it again but I had HG, 6 bleeds (1 huge one, where we almost lost him), and he came at 35wks.

SPD is very hard to cope with especially with other children at home. I continued to work F/T & my work was great but if I was a sahm I couldn't have done it.

SAHM is the hardest job ever!!!

Sent from my Atari 2600
    How awful. I think I'd be 'done' too if I had all that on top of SPD.

As it is I am waiting for my babies to be school aged before going for number 3.

With DS I had no SPD, with DD it kicked in around 3-4 months. It wasn't nice for DS and I was very lucky he was so placid and easy going or I may have just fallen apart. I still feel guilty for being a bed ridden mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked into a chiropractor? One that cares for pregnant patients? I've had a couple of friends with unbearable pain and went to a female Chiro that worked on the pelvis and tailbone (not sure exactly). But all of them got great relief from it.
    Also maybe consider pregnancy massage to help release the round ligament and ligaments around the pelvis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On top of the already chronic and severe lower back pain I was having, I now have bad pelvic pain too. It really is the pits. I've never been in so much pain in my life, it's just miserable. I was already going to hospital physio for my back, so now at least the physio can try and help with the pelvic pain too. I can't do anything around the house without the belt, it is a Life saver.