• you >$200

28 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    When I knew about Santa, I didn't think like that. I pretended to still believe :P.
    As my mum told us- "If you don't believe, you don't receive"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrookeandLou For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (23-12-2011),FloatingFairy  (22-12-2011),Hannahly  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What I dont understand is the "giving from us and giving from Santa".... I was always led to believe that ALL presents come from Santa. Then when I figured out he wasn't real, my parents said they had been buying the presents.

Why do we give our kids presents on Christmas as well as their birthday? I mean, I understand it's because we love them, but why not give them extra presents with their birthday and leave Christmas upto just Santa?

I dunno. I was raised in the Netherlands where we have a similar festival on the 5th of December. It is the birthday of the real St. Nicholas (Santa Claus) and we buy only gifts for the kids as he was the protector of children.
    We didn't buy from St Nicholas as well as the parents. Then when the kids figured out that St. Nicholas is long gone, we continue buying presents just from us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a set amount just whatever it comes too this year-
    Santa- 1100
    Us- 800

That's for four kids. I know it sounds a lot but the big joint pressie was ecpensive( jumping castle) and along with toys etc thy also got essentials like clothes and shoes things like that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    50 dollars this year on ds and 10 dollars for dd. I want to get away with being a tight *** as long as possible! next year ds is in school and I'm sure before long will be asking for expensive things and realizing that other peoples parents spend hundreds

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Nup not a typo. Since he was 11 months old, she had him watching Santa on youtube and on DVD's repeating herself over and over "That is Santa. Sannnnn-TA" "Santa buys lots of toys. T-oysssssssss for you".

Now that Santa has arrived at the shops, she goes there each and every day and sits there for an hour while watching Santa having photos taken with kids and continuously saying:
    "That is Santa. Sannnnn-TA" "Santa buys lots of toys. T-oysssssssss for you".

He's now almost 14 months and knows exactly who Santa is and what is in his bag. As soon as he sees Santa he goes "SSSSSantAAAAAA!!!" then he points at the bag and says "Tuh-oysssss!!!"
    She sounds crazy for real.

munchkin05 is offline just me, my boy and my baby bump
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our presents only come from Santa in our house
    I just worked out last night I have spent $1500 on DS this year for Xmas

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Nup not a typo. Since he was 11 months old, she had him watching Santa on youtube and on DVD's repeating herself over and over "That is Santa. Sannnnn-TA" "Santa buys lots of toys. T-oysssssssss for you".

Now that Santa has arrived at the shops, she goes there each and every day and sits there for an hour while watching Santa having photos taken with kids and continuously saying:
    "That is Santa. Sannnnn-TA" "Santa buys lots of toys. T-oysssssssss for you".

He's now almost 14 months and knows exactly who Santa is and what is in his bag. As soon as he sees Santa he goes "SSSSSantAAAAAA!!!" then he points at the bag and says "Tuh-oysssss!!!"
    A 14 mth old baby though is still not really going to be "tuned in" though to what it's all about.
    My daughter has just turned 4 and really this year is the first year that "she's got it" as far as Christmas/Santa/gift receiving and gift giving and she knows how to count down the days on the calendar. None of my kids at 14 mths would have had a clue or had any expectations as far as Santa goes no matter how many times I repeated "Santaaaaa" at them.
    She just sounds like she enjoys Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe she does. At least her son knows that in that bag there's presents. So she better make sure that she puts all the presents in a bag if she wants him to associate toys/gifts with the bag that Santa caries.
    Anyway, kudos to her. DS had his birthday last Saturday and had no clue what the presents were about and who they were for. He didn't even know yet how to unwrap them at the age of 2. He was giving the presents back to the people who had given them to him. After that he was very interested in putting the candles back on the cake as that is where they were before we blew them out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What I dont understand is the "giving from us and giving from Santa".... I was always led to believe that ALL presents come from Santa. Then when I figured out he wasn't real, my parents said they had been buying the presents.

Why do we give our kids presents on Christmas as well as their birthday? I mean, I understand it's because we love them, but why not give them extra presents with their birthday and leave Christmas upto just Santa?

I dunno. I was raised in the Netherlands where we have a similar festival on the 5th of December. It is the birthday of the real St. Nicholas (Santa Claus) and we buy only gifts for the kids as he was the protector of children.
    We didn't buy from St Nicholas as well as the parents. Then when the kids figured out that St. Nicholas is long gone, we continue buying presents just from us.
    My Dad feels the same way, hence why we used to only get presents from Santa and not our parents as well.

We used to also get scared at his stories about 'Black Pete' if we were naughty!
    I love how the Netherlands have the 5th dedicated solely to Sintaklaas and presents and the 25th as the day you go to Church and no presents etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The total this year is $1200 for all 3. Out of that Santa probably only cost $75 each child. Other years he usually brings the big ticket items - swing set, cubby house, trampoline etc but this year I'd had enough. I want some credit this time round! Next year will be very different for both birthdays and Christmases. I'm sick of spending so much. TBH I don't really think they care if they get one toy or ten.