28 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Australia more multicultural? Hmmmmmm ok.
    Yes. Just look at the current cabinetry in Holland. (and you yourself said most school are Christian). But this is a whole other thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    I wasn't supposed to spend anything on dss . The deal was and he asked for it . No presents and we go to the sunshine coast for a holiday instead. But now I feel bad so I bought him a I pod and I draw for the wii.
    We went on a holiday this year which was meant to be it between me and my mum, but I still got her something small anyway. Not quite like you did, but just some clothes, a stubby cooler, and entry to a movie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Yes. Just look at the current cabinetry in Holland. (and you yourself said most school are Christian). But this is a whole other thread.
    To continue OT just for you:

What's wrong with the cabinet? They have a muslim party especially devoted to Islam. Something that will never happen in Australia.
    About 10% of the Netherlands is muslim. So 2 million muslims in a country with 22 million people.
    45% Is some kind of Christian/Catholic.
    11% is Hindu and budhist
    34% is Atheist.

BTW multicultural has nothing to do with religion anyway. It's about how many different nationalities and different cultures live there.

Have you been to the Netherlands recently? I lived there for 20 years. I have been back in Australia for 8 year. I went back in May for a holiday and am astonished to see that many mosques over there. Every town has one. Kudos to the Muslims.

The Dutch are quite tolerant of different cultures. As long as people respect the laws, there aren't any issues and most of them do respect the law. It's just the radicals that ruin it and those are the ones that some Dutch people like to see sent back to their own countries.
    I, on the other hand, don't care. I have some really good Moroccan friends in the Netherlands who used to be fellow students at uni and also colleagues. They are kind, respectful and peaceful.
    (When you live in a unit block with 1500 units, you HAVE to be tolerant with one another. There you can't just ring the cops to come over and/or get an AVO on your neighbour, just like that.)

But we have extremists and radicals too. Geert Wilders is one of them. He's not allowed in the parliament for that exact reason. The government isn't changing anything. They aren't taking an anti-foreigner stand or whatever.

Anyway, back to topic. Next year I'll hopefully have a bit more $$ to spend on DS. I did get some secondhand books at the Salvo's yesterday, so I'll be wrapping them too. They were in a good condition too and only cost $3,- Seeing as DS loves books, Im quite chuffed with that

I'll unsubscribe from this thread now as I am not interested in discussing cultural issues with people in a Christmas related thread

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post

The Dutch are quite tolerant of different cultures.
    My MIL isn't tolerant of anything, especially me, and she's Dutch. She is also an entity all on her own so doesn't really count.

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, enjoy Kwanzaa and have a fantastic holiday season everyone.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

share a book  (23-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Each child about $500ish and that is mixture of Santa and us. Except for birthdays, we usually do not buy anything else throughout the year. The usually part includes anything extreme, which would include when I gave birth to DD3 they each received one gift iykwim?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This year was $20 per child. That's 1 present from Santa each and 1 present from us for them to share.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Geert Wilders' party is quite big, with a lot of votes and seats in both houses and even seats in the European parliament.

There will be no Muslim parties contesting the next election there.