+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Omg having twins!!!!

Okay so I went for my dating scan and have found out I'm having twins so I suposse my question is how do I get around with my (once babies are born) 4 year old dd, my 3 and a half year old dsd plus the twins I have no idea how to get around not to mention once there born df will have to go back to work soon after and I have no extra help!!!!! Ahhhh lol how are we suposse to do it alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got no advice at all...but congratulations and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont have any advice either sorry, but just wanted to say congratulations and goodluck!!! Its probably going to be a crazy few months when they are born but you will get the hang of it all eventually. Sorry I cant help out, i hope somebody who can give advice reads this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do not have any advice either but I bet you will have your hands full lol
    I am sure you will be entitled to some sort of help through the council, surely? I could be wrong though
    But once the babies come I am sure you will work something out!!

And congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly congratulations you will be fine. I am a first time mum to twin girls. I found that hardest thing was learning everything there was to know about babies. You already know all that- I think the main thing is to be super organised.
    Best of luck and hope you have a great pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations

As pp said, you will be fine. You just need to be really organised.

When my twins were born DD1 was 4 and a half years old. Two months later she started school so I had a school run as well.

I used to keep the proper baby bag packed in the car and just add what I needed to a small shopping bag. So, if I just used a couple of nappies, then I put those in the shopping bag as soon as I could when I got home (so I didn't forget what I needed). That way I didn't need to carry a big baby bag, plus the twins, plus get DD1 down the 3 flights of stairs we had. I used to pack DD1's bag and get DH to take it downstairs for me on his way to work each day.

I also had 2 prams. One that lived in the car and another for walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations I just found out I'm having twins too! When are you due?? My GP said the 15th August but more than likely late July early August

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by one4now; 09-07-2012 at 11:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleTime View Post
    Congratulations I just found out I'm having twins too! When are you due?? My GP said the 15th August but more than likely late July early August
    Thank you congrats to you too I'm due the 29th of July but I heard twins come early so it could be June :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your twins, it i's a wonderful journey you are about to embark upon

First, I have to ask - do your 4 & 3.5yr olds run off when you are out, or do they stay by your side? Or do they go into a pram?
    If they walk without bolting, do it like this - take the twins to the car first & strap them in, then do the older 2. Make sure you have a really good twin pram, I have the Love n Care Twingo pram & idolise it, lol.
    When you get to the shops, get the twins out first, then the older 2. If need be, put the backpacks with a lead on them on ur older girls & hook them onto the pram so they can't run off..
    The other way to do it is to either buy a twin sling/pouch to carry both the bubs on your front & put the girls in a pram. You could also carry one bub in a pouch, have the other in a pram with one of the older girls & have the other older one on a buggy board
    Hope this helps you a little. I only had a 10yr old when my twins were born, but they are now 18mths old, I also have a 4mth old & I am now 10wks again, due 20th july '12
    Don't think too much about the logistics of getting around with them all, just get out & do it then it becomes 2nd nature..
    Good Luck, hope everything goes well during your pregnancy