+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks

I have my scan at 3 this afternoon, so will keep you posted. (if they tell me what they see and don't make me wait for the report tomorrow.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you get some answers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

danielle13  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm off to have my scan now..

I'm very nervous.. way more than before my morph scan...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All the best, let us know how you go if you don't mind

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure of my fluid levels as she had to work them out after the scan, but will see what the report says tomorrow as they're faxing it through to the hospital in time for my appointment in the morning.

But, bub's measurements have him at 38+5, so almost 2 weeks ahead of dates. She estimated that he currently weighs 9lb.. Which is 3 lb heavier than DD was when she was born at 42 weeks!!

She checked out his heart, kidneys, bladder etc, saw he was swallowing well, and was perfectly happy with him developmentally.

I'm hoping because he is big they'll bring my c/s forward.. I don't how I'll manage another 3 weeks of this, particularly if he gets much bigger! But I don't expect they will..
    I'll keep you all posted after my appointment tomorrow anyway.

thanks everyone for the advice and support, really appreciate it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to danielle13 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (22-12-2011)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle13 View Post
    I'm not sure of my fluid levels as she had to work them out after the scan, but will see what the report says tomorrow as they're faxing it through to the hospital in time for my appointment in the morning.

But, bub's measurements have him at 38+5, so almost 2 weeks ahead of dates. She estimated that he currently weighs 9lb.. Which is 3 lb heavier than DD was when she was born at 42 weeks!!

She checked out his heart, kidneys, bladder etc, saw he was swallowing well, and was perfectly happy with him developmentally.

I'm hoping because he is big they'll bring my c/s forward.. I don't how I'll manage another 3 weeks of this, particularly if he gets much bigger! But I don't expect they will..
    I'll keep you all posted after my appointment tomorrow anyway.

thanks everyone for the advice and support, really appreciate it
    Thanks for updating us do you think you'll have an amnio test to check for lung maturity first?

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wa s the report ok? What did they say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did u get on today?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub trying to concur Auto correct one text at a time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well..
    The report showed that other than bub being big (actually almost 3 weeks bigger, not 2 as I said in my last post - preg brain at work..), everything else is fine.

And they're making me wait til the day before my due date for my c/s. I burst into tears at this news. I know NOBODY who's had to wait until 39+6 for their ELECTIVE c/s, particularly in alot of pain
    It's so disappointing. In a matter of days I've gone from possibly having bub at 38 weeks, then 39+1, and now 39+6.. it's really hard to deal with emotionally, that I'm stuck with all this pain for another month.
    I went in this morning expecting them to bring it forward, or at the very worst I'd accepted that I've have to wait til Jan 13.. I certainly wasn't expecting to be told I've have to wait even longer..

They got the physio in to see me as I made a bit of scene because I'm sick and tired of just being "the vessel", and having everything brushed off.
    She said that my spine and pelvis are hugely out of whack, and taught me a few things to do that will help with the pain a bit. She's also strapped my back between my hips to "hold everything together" for a few days until i get a hang of the excercises.
    She did say that with how loose everything is and the size of me (I'm 5ft nothing and my bump's HUGE), she wasn't at all surprised that I've been in alot of pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Danielle, I'm ha ppy and sad for you at the same time. I'm glad the scan showed everything was fine - except for the big bouncing bub inside you. But it's bittersweet isn't it. How disappointing that they are making you wait. Lets hope that because bub is a biggy, your membranes will rupture early or you'll go into labour. The prospect of waiting while you're hurting so much is just terrible. Don't give up though. Make sure you cry and whine like anything to the Docs as often as you possibly can! They will hopefully change their minds. I'm not usually one to say to bring the baby on early but I think Doctors forget tha t the women carrying the bubs are important too and you're right, they do treat us like "vessels". It's sometimes all about the baby being "ready", but for the sake of the sanity, comfort and wellbeing of a clearly hurting, upset and stressed mum what difference, really, is a few weeks going to make? I absolutely think that in cases such as yours it's ridiculous to make you wait. The baby won't be in danger from being delivered at 38 weeks, but the risk to the mother of anxiety, depression, bonding issues etc. is huge. How can that be good for the baby? I'm sorry, it just upsets me. I remember what a horrible time I had and my baby didn't benefit from my torture as you know. I have to live with feeling rotten about it forever. My love and thoughts are with you. Keep me posted please? I really would like to know how you are going over the coming weeks. Jaesmummy (Leanne) You need lots of hugs too! .