+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put one on my 12 month old when he is really drooly from teething. I'm a bit ott when it comes to mealtimes and I make him wear one of these. We've always done BLW and it gets messy around here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I stopped when DD was about 14mths - unless it's something very messy. She's pretty good with most food now, and doesn't usually spill it. I would always put it on her if she had something like spaghetti though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD had permanent drool ones on her til she was some age between 18 months to 2 years due to an unbelievable amount of drool. For food til about 3 then she had a revolt. My son hated them and it was easier to just put another top on him than battle over a bib. He revolted against bibs at about 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't remember when it was but it was before one year old ... He hated them ..

*** end of transmission ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can stop whenever you like! I bibbed my first 2 children and then I just gave up altogether. I haven't bought a bib in years. It is quite possible that my children are the messiest, drooliest, most disgusting eaters in the world but a bib would not save the clothes underneath! I did try wrapping towels around them from neck down but they still managed to get those slimy, sticky little hands up underneath and on their clothes. I figured it's better to be only nappy sanning 2 items of clothing instead of three! I find food behind ears, up noses, down nappies and between toes! We often have topless mealtimes now - just the kids, not me. (lols) Especially for spaghetti, noodles or any food that is likely to stain clothes. Then I plonk them in the bath or shower. Mind you, I still have 3 little guys. It would be easier to clean up only one. You have to do what works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds is 11 months and stopped about a month ago. He just cries and tries to pull them off.

Plus he is such a messy eater that there's kind of no point. Everything gets covered in food regardless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    And in regards to not wanting to get food stains on clothes..l I found an easy solution. Strip them down to their nappy while they are eating

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    And in regards to not wanting to get food stains on clothes..l I found an easy solution. Strip them down to their nappy while they are eating
    This is what I do. Since DS stopped vomiting and drooling all the time I haven't used bibs. Plus he pulls them off anyway. He is the messiest eater ever.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Before 12 months. They are just annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 4 and 2 year olds both still wear bibs. We use these thin plastic ones with a little pocket on the bottom that catches crumbs, peas, etc etc. I use them because I don't want their clothes getting dirty and stained and also for some meals they help contain mess/crumbs. Some meals my 4 yr old doesn't wear one or if we are out but most of the time she still does. They are easy to wipe clean or rinse out and quick dry not as easy a a their clothes!!