+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My hubby loves out ergo!! Carries both our kids, front and back!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chicken and eggs mum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep my hubby does. He prefers a back carry to front though

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBeee For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FOB loves wearing the boys in it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP loves the our Ergo and carries DD in it all the time. She has all her sleeps on her dad while we're out. The Ergo will be so much better for you and heaps better for your bub. BBs are terrible carriers!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wrena For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Ok now I get what you all mean my shoulders and back are sooooo sore! Bub is only 8kg imagine in a month!

Having a reflux baby I have to have DD in a carrier for a couple of hours through the day orelse all hell will break loose.

Before I fork out MORE money again........Can someone tell me about the Ergo Carrier? Is it easy to put on (been told its difficult)
    Is it comfortable for bub?
    Can I wear it at the front as most pics are on the back?
    Can she fall asleep in there? (I do this when reflux is bad then gently put her to bed)

Which one should I get?

Thanks in advance!
    I found that with my baby born too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have both - didn't discover the Ergo til my ds was nearly 3 and bought it then so we could go hiking with him on my dh's back. Yep, it was great for that too!

I have a really bad back and basically it doesn't matter what carrier I use it's far from good for my back. So, basically with my ds I used the Baby Bjorn for 1 or 2 days despite his reflux and that was it. I just couldn't manage it. My dh used it a handful of times. Then my dh had him in it for hiking at almost 3 when we went away for a week.

I meant to sell my Baby Bjorn, but I'm glad I didn't. I actually found it heaps easier to put on than the Ergo when bubs was little. Yep, I have used both this time around. My back is still pretty bad, but I mostly use the carrier and then sit down. It takes pressure off my back cause I'm not fully supporting her weight, but I can still eat, use the computer/phone, watch tv, etc without needing to have arms around a screaming baby. I haven't needed to use it too much as my dd is a pretty relaxed & easy to settle baby most of the time, but when she's having a bad day having her close to my chest is what she wants.

I've not been successful at getting the Ergo on or off myself, always requiring my dh or ds to help with the upper back strap. After my last attempt I watched the youtube video on it and it looks easy, but I haven't had a chance to try since. The baby bjorn to me seems easier to put on/off on your own.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If I'd seen this earlier I would have lent you mine to try. I had bubs legs in the frog position until he was big enough to wrap them around my waist.

I was also more fond of the side carry over the the front carry.

Eta mim have you tried putting it in with the chest strap already clipped together? You kinda have to duck into it. It does get easier over time to reach behind and clip it.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 22-12-2011 at 09:37.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-12-2011),mim1  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    If I'd seen this earlier I would have lent you mine to try. I had bubs legs in the frog position until he was big enough to wrap them around my waist.

I was also more fond of the side carry over the the front carry.

Eta mim have you tried putting it in with the chest strap already clipped together? You kinda have to duck into it. It does get easier over time to reach behind and clip it.
    Aww thanks hun Ill experiment more with it as she gets bigger. Look I figure I am going to have to carry her right and she is already heavy for me so imagine later so the Ergo will be good. Oh well I have both. The bjorn is ok for 20 minutes here and there until I get used to the Ergo.