+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby Bjorn absolutely killing me :(

Ok now I get what you all mean my shoulders and back are sooooo sore! Bub is only 8kg imagine in a month!

Having a reflux baby I have to have DD in a carrier for a couple of hours through the day orelse all hell will break loose.

Before I fork out MORE money again........Can someone tell me about the Ergo Carrier? Is it easy to put on (been told its difficult)
    Is it comfortable for bub?
    Can I wear it at the front as most pics are on the back?
    Can she fall asleep in there? (I do this when reflux is bad then gently put her to bed)

Which one should I get?

Thanks in advance!

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is it easy to put on (been told its difficult) - easier. There's 3 movements, the waist band, put your baby in onto your tummy. Then shoulders on and shoulder strap.

Unlike the BB, you don't have to lift the baby virtually up to your head to slide them into the front pouch which used to annoy me..

Is it comfortable for bub?
    The siting position mimics being held by parents, especially on the hip (legs open, bum seated with lots of support) versus the small patch of fabric on the crotch.

Can I wear it at the front as most pics are on the back?
    Yes, but not facing out - for the reason of having wider patch of fabric doesn't allow the legs to open like the Bjorn to face out.

Can she fall asleep in there? (I do this when reflux is bad then gently put her to bed) Yep, she can stay asleep in there, a sun hood is available to put up to support the head especially if in the back carry. Also much easier to transfer a child out of an ergo onto a bed than a Bjorn.

Which one should I get? Personal preference - if your in a hotter climate / taller or larger the Performance or Sports should be your starting point. If you like more colour options etc tr classic range has some nice choices...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Babushka that is awesome thank you! So well worth it then? I have loved this bjorn so much but I feel bruised today that's how bad my back is. I even paid extra for the back support bjorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ditto what babushka said. Yes it's worth it! If you look at second hand ones, beware of fakes as there are a lot around, particularly on eBay. If it seems too cheap, there's a reason!
    I have an original and a performance, the original is a bit higher on bubs back, and probably has more padding on waist, but it's thicker material, so hotter. The performance is lighter and cooler, so preference will depend on your climate.
    Also the performance has longer straps, so might be more suitable if you're a bigger build.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBeee For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-12-2011)

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I swapped to the Ergo at 4 months (8kg too) from the Bjorn, the ring sling and the pouch sling and I've not looked back in terms of carrying an older, heavier child.

The extra back support in the Bjorn is a misnomer..your back bears all the load in the Bjorn so adding more support just makes it worse, I tried one with the support and I was so sure it hurt more!!! Lol

The Ergo (or any brand of Soft structured carrier - of which Ergo is one brand) bears the weight in your strongest part of your hips..so the weight distribution is soo noticeable!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-12-2011)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The ergo has your hips taking much of the weight which is so much better for you and your back. But yeah, what babushka said.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babushka did you have the sport or performance?

In the pics the legs are so wide apart is this ok for development though? The bjorn they are close together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeee View Post
    Ditto what babushka said. Yes it's worth it! If you look at second hand ones, beware of fakes as there are a lot around, particularly on eBay. If it seems too cheap, there's a reason!
    I have an original and a performance, the original is a bit higher on bubs back, and probably has more padding on waist, but it's thicker material, so hotter. The performance is lighter and cooler, so preference will depend on your climate.
    Also the performance has longer straps, so might be more suitable if you're a bigger build.
    Nah going brand new. So would you say performance over sport?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love love my ergo. DS is over 12 kgs and I still wear him very comfortably. He has also napped in it happily.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-12-2011)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I LOVE the ergo - sooo supportive and comfy. It's easy to put on, comfy for bub (they sit in it, and don't 'hang' like the bjorn), yes you can wear it on the front however bub must always face in - the reason being, the maker does not believe babies should be forced to face out in a position where they are unable to turn away from overwhelming external stimuli.

Bub can definitely fall asleep in it! In fact, when DS was 12 months and we went on holidays, it was the only way to get him to sleep on the plane.

I have the sport and love it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (21-12-2011)