+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What time does he feed overnight Elle? Maybe you could set your alarm for 3am and feed him before he wakes up, he might then sleep longer with a full tummy?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

FrogsnSnails  (21-12-2011),surfergal  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    What time does he feed overnight Elle? Maybe you could set your alarm for 3am and feed him before he wakes up, he might then sleep longer with a full tummy?
    I think this too - feed him before he properly wakes up and hopefully he will be lulled back to sleep drunk on milk. I wouldn't drop the second day sleep - i think he is too little, and you say he is already cranky tired during the day.

I know we have different ideas in sleeping/settling - but I hope this advice fits in with your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    He doesn't anymore, he sleeps 7-3.30/4. He is going through a wonder week.

He's had one sleep this morning already. I'm so bloody confused about it all. I'm only being propped up by caffeine today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    He doesn't anymore, he sleeps 7-3.30/4. He is going through a wonder week.

He's had one sleep this morning already. I'm so bloody confused about it all. I'm only being propped up by caffeine today
    Do you get the feeling he is waking at 3.30 because he is hungry or just in that routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel your pain!! I too have another early riser!! I have been at my mums place in Townsville for a week and DS has been sleeping in a dark aircon room and has been getting up between 6-7.30 am but wakes at 4-5 at home. He must enjoy the aircon. Going to buy a portable one when i get home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Do you get the feeling he is waking at 3.30 because he is hungry or just in that routine?
    No idea, could be habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    I feel your pain!! I too have another early riser!! I have been at my mums place in Townsville for a week and DS has been sleeping in a dark aircon room and has been getting up between 6-7.30 am but wakes at 4-5 at home. He must enjoy the aircon. Going to buy a portable one when i get home
    We're in Townsville, DSs room is cool, dark, comfortable. So why won't he sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't know!! Wish i had an answer for you.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel your pain. Prior to kids I never thought i could consider a 6am start a 'sleep in' !!
    DD2 was like this. Her issue was hunger, and habit, but she gradually grew out of it, esp once we got on top of her feeding issues. We found an infant chiro worked wonders in making her more settled but that's not for everyone i know. I never went to a chiro before her sleeps and feeds made me so absolutely desperate i was willing to try anything.

I was also going to suggest changing the day sleeps, how many naps is he having in the day?maybe you can limit them or work out how to drop the one he seems to need least?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has 2 sleeps during the day, 1 in the morning for about 2 hours and I in the afternoon which is either 45 minutes or 2 hours. He goes to bed at night at 7pm.

We're seeing a chiro in about a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not to offend you and i know you just want to try every option possible, but just be very careful of chiro's. My husband use to work at the Townsville hospital and they have a great group of paediatric physo's, that could be also an option??