+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How accurate is fertility friend?

Hi all, was just wondering if anyone knows how accurate fertility friend is in confirming ovulation.

I have had 2 rounds of clomid where I didn't ovulate. However, this month, although I haven't taken clomid this cycle, fertility friend is saying I have ovulated. I'm up to cd29 and have had spotting every single day since cd1. FF is saying I ovulated cd26.

I have PCOS and a BMI of over 40. Gyno didn't think clomid would help. Is it really possible I did ovulate naturally or could fertility friend be wrong? I should mention I've only been recording temp and not cm.

On one hand I'm kinda excited if I did ovulate cause it gives me hope, on the other hand I'm so disappointed we missed the opportunity if I really did. Since I have been bleeding, there's been no bd'ing :-(

Sorry for the long post. All opinions will be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think FF can sometimes be wrong - depending on the data conflicting eg- CM, CP etc.

Since you're going on temp alone it sounds very promising to me..
    Even though you didn't BD, at least it seems as though you have O'd naturally...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    FF is only as good as the info it gets. So if you have been doing your temps consistently, tabs haven't been sick to account for a temp rise, then maybe you did O.

I would start charting your CM as well. It only takes a second to do and the more signs you chart, the more accurate your chart will be.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I charted my first month with FF last month, and it was spot on.

My last 5-10 cycles have been anywhere from 14-60 days, with no pattern to them whatsoever.
    I charted my temps and entered my EWCM only, and AF arrived right on time as predicted. Charting my second month now so we will see how we go...