+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    "ADVERSE REACTIONS

The following adverse reactions have been reported in the mother: Anaphylactic reaction, Postpartum hemorrhage, Cardiac arrhythmia, Fatal afibrinogenemia, Nausea, Vomiting, Premature ventricular contractions, and Pelvic hematoma.

Excessive dosage or hypersensitivity to the drug may result in uterine hypertonicity, spasm, tetanic contraction, or rupture of the uterus.

The possibility of increased blood loss and afibrinogenemia should be kept in mind when administering the drug.

Severe water intoxication with convulsions and coma has occurred, associated with a slow oxytocin infusion over a 24-hour period. Maternal death due to oxytocin-induced water intoxication has been reported.

The following adverse reactions have been reported in the fetus or infant:

Due to induced uterine motility: Bradycardia, Premature ventricular contractions and other arrhythmias, Permanent CNS or brain damage, and Fetal death.

Due to use of oxytocin in the mother: Low Apgar scores at 5 minutes. Neonatal jaundice, and Neonatal retinal hemorrhage."

http://www.drugs.com/pro/syntocinon.html

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (22-12-2011),wrena  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    "ADVERSE REACTIONS

The following adverse reactions have been reported in the mother: Anaphylactic reaction, Postpartum hemorrhage, Cardiac arrhythmia, Fatal afibrinogenemia, Nausea, Vomiting, Premature ventricular contractions, and Pelvic hematoma.

Excessive dosage or hypersensitivity to the drug may result in uterine hypertonicity, spasm, tetanic contraction, or rupture of the uterus.

The possibility of increased blood loss and afibrinogenemia should be kept in mind when administering the drug.

Severe water intoxication with convulsions and coma has occurred, associated with a slow oxytocin infusion over a 24-hour period. Maternal death due to oxytocin-induced water intoxication has been reported.

The following adverse reactions have been reported in the fetus or infant:

Due to induced uterine motility: Bradycardia, Premature ventricular contractions and other arrhythmias, Permanent CNS or brain damage, and Fetal death.

Due to use of oxytocin in the mother: Low Apgar scores at 5 minutes. Neonatal jaundice, and Neonatal retinal hemorrhage."

http://www.drugs.com/pro/syntocinon.html

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    Thanks hun. This is why I am going to avoid it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie1990 View Post
    Thanks hun. This is why I am going to avoid it.
    Unfortunately sometimes it comes down to syntocinin or c-section. It's good to be informed of the POSSIBLE reactions, but don't scare yourself silly about it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissPoss For This Useful Post:

changethestars  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly. I was 1 cm after 4 days of labour - thank god for syntocinon I say, it allowed me a vaginal birth.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is there more info you are still looking for? Happy to research if you are looking for something more specific.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *shrug* I've had 2 vaginal births, #1 was all natural No drugs. #2 was an induction no pain meds. 1. was 5 hours 2 was 1.5 hours. My second labour was by far the easier labour, contractions were easier/less painful just all round a more pleasant birth.

So while there is 100 articles telling you of bad experiences, there's just as many good ones. It's just the good ones aren't worth writing about.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (25-12-2011),Arusaamatus  (26-12-2011),Chocolate All Gone Now  (25-12-2011)