+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How frustrating. Did you ever talk to the ABA or a lactation consultant for ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Did you ever talk to the ABA or a lactation consultant for ideas?
    Yes I rang the ABA Bubbles 10, and they really couldn't offer any more ideas further to what I was trying. I guess I can't make him feed, so I need to way up whether it is worth the heartache of keeping on trying, or accept that this is his preference and follow his lead. Ironically I have been looking into, and following some of the 'Baby Lead Weaning' philosophy... didn't figure my bub would be so keen on weaning so soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did Baby Led Solids with my DD. I am mainly vegetarian and my DH is a meat eater. I only offer what i eat (so mainly vegie), but after awhile i couldn't really say no to DH offering my DD meat, but i was really hoping that she wouldn't like it. unfortunately, i think she is going to be a meat eater and enjoyer like her Dad. So, sometimes these little people have different ideas than us .

take care

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

BeanieBaby  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beaniebaby with the constipation...

My son suffered a LOT when he first started solids (even though still breastfed like a monster lol) and I was sooo desperate for something to help him without medicating him due to dependancy etc (plus I always use natural alternatives on my boy). Now... I am so grateful to say that we did actually find something that worked like a dream!!!!

Flaxseed oil - you can buy this from a health food shop and give bub 1 teaspoon a day mixed in his bottle, cereal, yoghurt etc. (that was the hardest part for me as my baby never had any liquids except from the breast!) it was our LIFESAVER! we went from having an extremely, chronically constipated baby whom we had to resort to suppositories for, for months, to him going regularly and without pain (which is everyday for him).

We used this coupled with a baby probiotic which I would recommend, as this keeps it all healthy in his tummy as he adjusts to the change. Some say that even a probiotic alone cures the constipation (but my baby was too chronic for that).

We used it for a few months and then A few weeks ago we slowly weaned him off the flaxseed oil, and he's going regularly!!!! Key is you must be consistent - use it everyday without fail. It doesn't make them dependent as it is completely natural and very healthy too!

I so wish I found this out earlier so I am glad I can share this advice out to others good luck - let me know how you go If you decide to try it!

Sent from my iPhone, using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to proud-mum For This Useful Post:

BeanieBaby  (31-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much proud-mum! I will most definitely get some flaxseed oil... I am worried about giving him the paraffin mixture, despite it working. Do you know what the probiotic was that you gave your bub... my DH & I have been talking about this.

Thanks again