+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dreadlockfairy is offline The best things in life.....aren't things!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just another vent about my MIL - feel free to join in ;-)

---
    Last edited by dreadlockfairy; 05-01-2012 at 21:12. Reason: Privacy reasons

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreadlockfairy For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (20-12-2011),misho  (21-12-2011),SugarSkull  (21-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yikes!!!
    i dont have an issue with my MIL atm, but im rather irritated at my sister!
    my sister has uninvited me and my mum from a family gathering that is being hosted by her boyfriends family on xmas day.
    her boyfriends mum passed away just recently, so this will be the first xmas without her, my sister was saying its too fresh/to raw, everyone will still be too emotional, they wont want to see someone elses mum when they are missing their own mum, so mum has been uninvited. apparently i was still invited, but im obviously not going to leave my mum alone on xmas day!

i dont know how the conversation went down, but im imagining it was something like this: "mum, im sorry, but you're alive, so we dont want you there on sunday, it would offend everyone as you're still breathing, and their mum isnt, so you're not invited to xmas lunch anymore, make your own plans for xmas day"

seriously! i dont think the rest of the family knows about what she has done, but im not impressed.

and this is FOB's xmas with ds, so we had already made plans to go with my sister and have xmas with her/the extended family this year.

thanks sister dear!!!
    Last edited by babyspice; 20-12-2011 at 18:20. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    to you both!!

If I b!tched about DHs mother (I refuse to refer to her as my *anything* ) I'd be here until next Christmas.

I count my blessings though.. I have nothing at all to do with the controlling, self serving, cruel, evil waste of space

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have an issue with MIL at present but my mum i do!

She announced my pregnancy on FB before i could! And now thinks that i want her opinion on everything i get for the baby! including the MCNS's i ordered.... and I had to justify why i want to have MY baby christened when i don't go to church, and why we had chosen thse people for the god parents!!

Xmas day is going to be wonderful this year!! i swear if they start to annoy me i'm in the car and leaving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dreadlockfairy, I hope your water breaks AFTER presents but BEFORE lunch then lol! Then you will just have to go home, won't you!
    But bubs stay put for a day after that, no one wants a birthday on christmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Come on baby, make sure you put on a good show little one, so your mummy can really 'ruin' it! Sheesh!

My MIL and I have a good relationship, but she's doing my head in at the moment - staying one step ahead of me ALWAYS!! Argh!

Great big hugs lovely... xx
    Last edited by babylove81; 21-12-2011 at 03:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Ugh MILs can be so painful. I am thankful this Christmas that my inlaws are overseas so we don't have to see them...otherwise I know I would be getting unwanted advice on looking after babies from both MIL and SIL as they are experts....

DH and I have already been accused of being bad parents (and baby isn't even here yet!) because we decided against going to antenatal classes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just glad my MIL is in Germany this Xmas so I don't need to really bother as such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dreadlock fairy, i hear your pain, you pretty much tell my realtionship with my mil, word for word!!! I think its sick that these women have this sick obsession with their sons and that WE stole them from them.. Hello, they are what is called making a life for themselves.

Good on you for sticking o your guns and not going on xmas, you need to be happy on that day, not treated like rubbish.

I had my mil here last night for dh birthday and she was such a bish!!

Hope you have a lovely chrissy though, not easy dealing with health issues and being preggy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have my sympathies, another one here whose MIL despises her

I hope you have a lovely MIL free Christmas