Closed Thread
Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubeedoo - Thank you so much for your kind words and for thinking of me. It is very comforting to have my grief acknowledged, many people mean well and tell me how lucky I am to have DS (I know I am) but that doesn't takea way from this sense of loss. I really do appreciate your heartfelt words, thank you. And I will be here cheering you on from the sidelines praying to hear your BFP. When are you planning your transfer?

Starfish - Thanks also for your kind words. I so admire your strength in carrying on. DH and I had a chat the other day and he was telling me how broody he feels too. As much as we love watching DS grow it's a constant reminder that we won't have the baby/toddler years again. DH is open to the idea of possibly trying IVF again, funds are still an issue so we are not sure how to make this decision. After 4 failed attempts where do we draw the line? If we don't do it again I know I will find my way eventually but it is a long hard road. I am so blessed that I have such amazing support from the ladies on here to help me through.
    I love hearing about your pg. How amazing that you can feel her now. Yes it must be surreal to see yourself growing. Enjoy every moment as it goes sooo fast. Have you thought of any names?

Trying - You are so right, secondary infertility is not spoken about/ acknowledged. I only actually know one woman who has a sole child by choice and sadly her reasons for not wanting another are because she enjoys her life the way it is. She doesn't spend much time with the child she does have so we are different types of parents. I think it would be interesting to hear why people choose only one but then I get stuck on the fact that they still had a choice. I don't. I am still not ready to accept that I will never have another even though all evidence is telling me it's unlikely I will ever be pg again. It's very hard to let go of the family you envision. I feel so lucky to have found this forum where primary and secondary inferile woman are mutually supportive, it really is a rare blessing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (22-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies sleepy been MIA I have been away interstate for work and out of sorts - lol. Back home now and excited to catch up with where everyone is at - a very special happy belated to my beautiful fellow 75r - sooooo sorry I missed your birthday I hope you got spoilt rotten!!!! And can you actually believe that you'll have your little princess for your next???? Anyway catch up soon girls xoxoCrofty

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish just got the results back today. Overall the fibroid has reduced by about 80%, which is a great result, and there's a 5% non-perfused volume (dead tissue) that still needs to be reabsorbed.
    No need to wait for it to be reabsorbed to have a FET. I was able to start fertility treatment three months after the treatment, hence why I started in May last year, because the uterus isn't treated, just the fibroid.
    Now if I can just get the money together soon! Any bites on your flat? I've had a low offer and the agent is currently negotiating with them to get a decent price, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubedoo, oh WOW what a great result! Am going to discuss this with my FS when I see her next month. Thanks so much for posting all the details of your treatment!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (23-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying your so welcome. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions. It definitely improved my quality of life and to fall pregnant would be the icing on the cake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubee, fantastic news!!! Thank you so much for educating us. Women here have incredible knowledge of cutting edge medicine and you just never know who it might help.

Our apartment was sold Wed night and contracts exchanged (was due to to go to auction today!). It is bitterweet, but I am so relieved the open houses are over and I was feeling nervous about how things might go at auction. We have looked at a few properties to buy but just haven't seen anything that was suitable/ we could afford especially now we are going to drop my income. I love my job (NGO sector) but the mat leave entitlements are pretty woeful and I think we have enough on our plates right now with just preparing for the bub! We are going to look at a couple of bigger places to rent nearby. I am really keen to stay close to our OB/hospital..... oh and the beach! Good luck with your property, hope the agent can talk the interested party up to a fair price

Trying, I hope Rubee's treatment is something that will prove useful for you , particularly as someone who has 'paid it forward' in spades with your knowledge in the past xx

Littlefeet, keep us posted hun Yes, we have a couple of names. It was another great reason for finding out the gender as DH and I could not agree on a boy's name!

Crofty, sounds like you have been very busy! How are your treatment plans with Dr M coming along?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (23-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish congrats on selling your flat It is such a bittersweet thing to leave your home, however you've got an exciting adventure ahead of you and a nursery to plan That more than anything will make your new place (rented/bought) feel like a home immediately. I'm so happy for you

Well Wednesday was a busy day in real estate, that's when my offer came in too (even though it was low)! They've since come up to a more acceptable level and are just $5k off my absolute minimum. However, I'm very close to signing because not holding out for $5k could be the difference between me achieving my dream of having a baby or not. And they want a 30 day settlement which is even more awesome, so I could be preparing for a FET in April/May after all.
    Huh, I think I've just talked myself into selling it this very minute. Funny how writing the pros and cons down helps us make a decision

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubeedoo For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (26-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I was wondering if I could join you lovely ladies in here.
    I am 38, 39 in November. Hubby is 37, 38 in July.
    We have been trying to add to our family ever since hubby had a vasectomy reversal around 5 years ago.
    He has sperm, just not that many (around 1 million).
    So we have decided to give IVF a go, but I think we will end up doing ICSI as well.
    We are all booked in for our first appointment in July.
    Feel a little nervous about our chances of getting pregnant, given my age.
    But I have been pregnant before and as long as nothing has happened to my little eggies in the last 8 years, fingers crossed.

Any way would love to get to know you all and share in this rollercoaster ride that is ttcing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubee, did you end up selling?? We are in the throes of packing right now!

Hoping41more, hope your journey here is short and sweet!

Swede, how are you going?????? Have been thinking of you lots xx

Big to everyone else, very quiet with no-one cycling at the moment. Hope life is being good to you all!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

hoping41more  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I'm hoping I can join you guys here also!! I'm 36 (37 in may) and my DP are in the middle of our first cycle of IVF!!
    I have another scan Monday and find out my date for egg collection!!
    look forward to getting to know you all