Closed Thread
Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I have decided to delurk myself lol. I am currently awaiting AF so I can start my very first cycle of IVF. I am 36, ok 37 next month . I am extremely blessed to have children already, but am hoping for one more to share the parenting with my fiancee who has no children of his own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tashan and welcome to the thread Good luck with the upcoming stim cycle!
    Crofty aww you're a sweetheart. Thanks for your lovely words. I really hope we'll both be cycling/ET/FET in April-May I loved your analogy of climbing mountains. So true! It's such a long haul, that's for sure, but I reckon all of those amazing ladies who've been before us and reached the pinnacle (with a baby in their arms) have notched their footsteps into the mountain and made it just a little bit easier for us to follow. In fact, I think they're sitting on top of the mountain and reaching down to give us a hand up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Swede, thanks for explaining about the anti-e and glad to hear they are monitoring you so closely. Here's to smooth sailing through the next 18 weeks for you! (Mocktails of course!)

Rubee, I'm really interested in this treatment you received for the fibroid, how did you come across it? It sounds fantastic and innovative in terms of preserving the uterine environment when so many doctors are happy to wield the scalpel as the 1st course of action. Wishing you a fabulous follow up result on the 13th. It's my birthday that day so hoping it is a lucky day for you also!!

Good luck with selling your flat!! Ours is currently on the market (going to auction in a few weeks) It is really stressful keeping the place in showroom condition for open houses twice a week (let alone the emotions of moving on from our 1st home and place that we lovingly renovated together!) Such mixed emotions!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubeedoo View Post
    It's such a long haul, that's for sure, but I reckon all of those amazing ladies who've been before us and reached the pinnacle (with a baby in their arms) have notched their footsteps into the mountain and made it just a little bit easier for us to follow. In fact, I think they're sitting on top of the mountain and reaching down to give us a hand up
    I also LOVED your comments about the support on this thread. It certainly has rung true for me and I honestly don't think I would be where I am without the women here generously sharing their knowledge and lending support.

Nessie,Thank you! and so lovely to hear from you! Sounds like your boy is giving you a run for your money at the moment! Good luck with the toddler taming
    Crofty, great to hear you have a date It helps so much to have something to work towards when you are climbing that mountain. But you are strong and determined and I hope there are some rest stops for you on the way to the pinnacle

Tashan, this is a great place to hang out (I've been here for 3 years! ) Ask whatever questions you need, there is a goldmine of information and support here. Good luck with your upcoming cycle
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 08-03-2013 at 06:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish Firstly, happy birthday for this coming Wednesday! I hope it will be one you'll never forget
    My sister's obgyn in rural Victoria was the one who recommended the treatment. The obgyn had just been to a national conference which talked about it. It's called MRIgFUS, and basically you lie in an MRI machine while ultrasound waves heat up the cells in the fibroid until they die. My fibroid was in the muscle wall of the uterus, not the surface, and the size of an orange, so would've involved pretty tricky surgery.
    It wasn't fun - I had to lie on my stomach in a superman pose for 4 hours while they blasted the cell mass in 20 second bursts, then 90 second gaps for machine to cool down. And I had to be awake to hit a panic button in case the pain got too bad. It felt like bad period cramps, and probably 4 or 5 blasts were excruciating and I had to just count through it until it stopped. But at the end they abladed 100% of the fibroid and I've been asymptomatic since. I think there's a tiny bit still alive with blood flow, but it's allowed me to keep my uterus intact for a hopeful pregnancy.
    The treatment I had was only being done at the Royal Women's in Melbourne and I was lucky enough to be considered a candidate for it (position of fibroid, symptoms, age etc.) and it was free. The first thing my FS said when I met him was that it was expensive and I was happy to point out that it didn't cost me anything, unlike treatment with him
    I'm battling some resentment towards my FS at the moment. I feel as if the FET should be a lot less that what it costs because an ET was included in the cost of my first cycle, and the ET didn't even happen. I'm debating whether to write him a letter (taking a leaf from Starfish's book) ring the clinic and outline my concerns, or ring around elsewhere to find out costs of a transfer...
    It feels a bit like the little embie is being held for ransom!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me hopping on after not being around for a while but I still receive the updates, so although I am not on BH regularly at all anymore it's been nice to know what you're all up too.

Starfish - I was overjoyed to learn you are going to have a beautiful baby girl. I can only imagine how excited you are, she's so very lucky to have such a strong, amazing woman as her Muma!

Rubedoo - Your posts always lift me as you have such an amazing way of looking at the world. Your treatment sounds amazing, I really hope that you will soon be telling us about your much awaited for BFP. I hope your FS takes on board how you feel about the costs, I agree with you, but I can imagine that he won't.

Crofty - How are you? Been thinking of you x

to everyone else. Hope you're all ok.

AFM - Still feeling heartbroken and trying to find a way of accepting DS will be an only child. I am reading a book about Secondary Infertility which is helping me normalise some of the thoughts and feelings I've had. So many of my close friends and family are having babies I'm kind of glad that I'm not home in the UK, I don't think I could handle it. I wish I knew how long it will take before I get to the stage where I am not crying everday.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (14-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littlefeet it's so good to hear from you!! My heart aches for you and how you're feeling. You're not alone, trust me I don't think there's a time limit on grief and you have every right to feel the way you do after everything you've been through. Yes, you ARE normal Acceptance is the final stage of grief and only you'll know when you get there. It sounds as if the book is helping you a lot, and I can personally vouch for counselling. My counsellor was excellent in helping me to come up with strategies to help me cope for all sorts of different scenarios. It made me feel as if I was back in control after feeling like everything else in my life was out of control.
    If you can get through everything you did in 2012, then you can get through absolutely anything in life! Be kind to yourself, you deserve it

Oh, yeah, you weren't wrong about my FS. I sent him an email after my last post and all I've heard is the sounds of crickets chirping. Typical
    Last edited by Rubeedoo; 14-03-2013 at 20:08.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubeedoo For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubee, how did your appt go on Wed? Thanks for sharing the details of your fibroid treatment. It is so wonderful to hear stories about progressive medicos and treatment options when I also read stories reasonably often on the Asherman's support group of women acquiring adhesions from their surgical removal.

Yes, MRI's are not pleasant! I had to have 2 each 1 hour duration (and lie perfectly still) pre and post my Asherman's treatment and I thought that was challenging enough let alone 4 hours!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had the day off work and went swimming in the ocean in the morning, had a massage and a lovely dinner with my DH. Really tried to savour it as I think next year may be a little different!

I have to share Littlefeet's cynicism about getting any 'extras' from your IVF clinic but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask or write a letter from your point of view....if nothing else it is sometimes cathartic and you never get if you never ask! Hope you can get your FET underway soon!

Littlefeet, I also feel deeply for you and know the sadness of trying to move on from something you want so badly. A bit different to your situation, but I have felt like/thought about stopping treatment altogether a few times during our 4.5 year journey. But each time I started to grieve whatever road block we were facing one of my coping strategies was to at least start researching the next possible option and that allowed DH and I to weigh up if that was a direction we were prepared to go. Whatever happens be kind to yourself, indulge in things you really enjoy and I know you WILL find your own path through where you are right now.
    Pink, if you are still reading. Happy Birthday for yesterday!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (18-03-2013),Rubeedoo  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LittleFeet, my heart aches for you. In many ways secondary infertility is the 'unspoken infertility', no-one really speaks about it and often forums like this can feel unwelcoming. We are very blessed with this unique and special thread where women with primary and secondary infertility are mutually supportive. For myself, I found speaking with women who had sole children by choice to be very healing. They were able to articulate the merits of sole children and while it wasn't by choice for me, it kind of opened a window for me on the positives that I could't see because I was so focussed on grieving for the family I'd envisioned but couldn't have. Wherever you are emotionally, I wish you positive healing

Starfish, a belated Happy Birthday How are you and your daughter doing? I think of you a lot, still sending positive healthy growing vibes to you and baby girl. I remember when our Tom was finally born telling DH to bring me the computer so I could post here about his birth. I handed DH Tom, and he said to him "How lucky are you little mate, people we've never met have been hoping and praying your birth would go well". Its one of the great blessings of this thread. I hope to be able to be one of those 'cheerleaders' for you and for every other woman reading and posting here, that we all get bonnie babies to hold

Rubedoo, thanks so much for posting all the details about your fibroid treatment. I have a large intramural fibroid and read about your treatment with great interest. When you get pregnant (and I firmly believe it is 'when', not 'if') you will be so glad you had this treatment, my fibroid caused a number of issues for me and bubs when pregnant, you have certainly created the healthiest possible environment for your baby.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Little Feet  (18-03-2013),Rubeedoo  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Trying for your encouragement re the treatment and pending BFP
    Starfish the radiologist said it had shrunk even more but I have to go to the doctor to get him to explain the results, blahblahblah. At my six month scan 75% of the fibroid had been destroyed and of the 25% remaining, only about 10 - 15% had blood flow to it, which means the other tissue was dead. The radiologist said there was still dead tissue there waiting to be absorbed by my body, so it will shrink even further. It definitely is a beneficial alternative to women wanting to have babies. She also said more than 10 women have become pregnant since getting the treatment so far (and it's only been available in Australia for two years now), bearing in mind not all women getting the treatment do it for fertility reasons, they do it to relieve the symptoms of fibroids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, I had no idea you also had a fibroid to do battle with Hope there is a solution (perhaps as innovative as Rubee's treatment?) prior to your FET and next pregnancy Thanks for your warm thoughts and wishes as always I have been posting my news regularly on the Long Termers pregnancy thread rather than here but essentially we are doing really well So far I seem to have avoided any obvious AS complications (touch wood) and she is developing on track. I can feel her moving every day and certainly we are both growing bigger week by week! It still feels pretty surreal a lot of the time (especially when I catch sight of myself in the mirror) and I feel so fortunate and grateful (particularly to Prof V, the man is a genius!)

Rubee, sounds like good news! Does the fibroid tissue need to be completely dead (and reabsorbed) for you to have another transfer?

Swede, thinking of you often and hope all is tracking along beautifully with your pregnancy