Closed Thread
Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Lucky how are you love? I'm with Swede and really worried about you. I so, so hope everything is okay and that we hear from you soon.
    Starfish 19 weeks today, yay!!! I can't remember when your scan is booked but I hope you have a beautiful experience, record it all and pull out the nursery decorating books afterwards
    Trying wonderful news about using your frostie this year! I'm with you, trying to get as healthy as I possibly can before the transfer of my only, and final, frostie. Am taking supplements like you wouldn't believe, hahaha.
    Swede hope you're tracking along well and looking forward to your upcoming scan. I wonder if your hunch re a girl will be right
    Crofty good luck with the biopsy, have you got a date yet? I hope it gives you the answers you need and then the very next shot will be IT!

afm am starting to get on top of the rising stack of bills and feel like it will take me about four weeks to recover from all those months without work. I had an amazing thing happen last Saturday. A dear friend, one of the handful who knows i'm doing IVF, offered me her eggs out of the blue!! I couldn't believe it and got all teary that someone would do this for me. She's 34, has one child and had a horrific miscarriage two years ago and doesn't want anymore, however she doesn't want to tell her husband about donating until after she does it, which I think is a legal requirement. But regardless of what happens down the track, it was the OFFER which meant so much to me. This year is definitely throwing some positive surprises my way already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Trying, it is exciting to hear cycling plans from you Would so love to see you get a trifecta! Can I ask has your cycle come back regularly after Thomas' birth? OB is quite keen for me to have a C-section due to potential complications which I am on board with but a small part of me is concerned about the scarring risk from a section? It is also likely this decision will be taken out of my hands anyway if there is evidence of previa or accreta. My OB is very sympathetic to my desire to preserve the uterus for a possible future pregnancy and agreeable to erring on the side of caution if there is a problem. I'm doing some research on the topic via the AS group and opinions seem to be very mixed, so really interested in how you negotiated this one with OB?

Swede, I am starting to think boy only because the heart rate is consistently around 140-145 (which I know is definitely not empirical evidence! ) and midwife has predicted team blue (based on nothing but how hard it is to get the bubba to stay still when she does the doppler!). I honestly don't care but I am very excited to find out soon! You are leaving it a surprise to the end I take it?

Rubee, I got a lump in my throat when you described your friend offering to donate eggs to you as it was very similar to what happened when my sister 1st offered to donate. I was definitely not ready to go there when she 1st broached the topic but I so appreciated such an act of human kindness and generosity and it touched me deeply.

Your friend's DH would definitely have to consent. In fact he would have to attend counselling with his DW and with the 3 of you to meet the legal requirements that all parties understand what they are undertaking.

Obviously I have no regrets about going down that path but I also dearly hope for you that THIS is your bubba!

Lucky, hope all is ok and you are just busy...

BIG to everyone else.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 09-02-2013 at 08:17.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35 UVFers *TTC*UTD* #12

Hi girls - sorry a bit of a me post - so I'm trying to stay positive back to work today for me as biopsy had to get postponed as AF showed up early, hopefully this is a sign that I wasn't ready for a stim cycle yet?? Uuurrrrhhhh just so frustrating, it's such a looooong waiting game and else aren't getting any younger - will catch up with personals later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty, I'm so sorry you are facing delays. It is really difficult, particularly having to readjust your expectations when you are set on a path. I hope things will come together really soon for you

Trying, THANK YOU so much for your detailed PM xx

Swede, Is you morph scan this week? Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone!
    Starfish! Thanks you!! All went good with my scan, bub is right on target. Prob will have a very long baby again, as the legs measured 2 weeks ahead...LOL Otherwise in the 71precentile for the weight etc...so all good...Going to the hospital today, speaking to the doctor regarding my antibody issue (like last time) I got Anti-e antibody in my blood which potentially can be very harmful so needs to be monitored closely...last time it was all good all pregnancy so I hope it will stay that way this time too....

Crofty - how are you coping? Bummer on it all being delayed...when will you do the test now? any news? Hugs...I hope you can start soon....

Rubee - how wonderful of your friend to offer something like that...amazing!!!! Hope work is treating you well and tht you are being able to do a cycle soon.....

Lucky....still thinking of you...hope you are ok....

Starfish...did you find out the gender??? Are you sharing that at all...how are you feeling otherwise???/

How the rest of the gang???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swedeendie For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Swede, fantastic news from your scan! Another tall bub on the way! Do you need an injection for the antibody issue, is it like a -ve rhesus factor?

We found out a couple of weeks ago that we are having a girl (much to our surprise and delight, I was pretty convinced we were going to be on team blue ) She did have 1 slightly dilated kidney at the scan (4.1mm when they like it under 4mm) so this will need monitoring to see if it resolves spontaneously but everything else looked fantastic. The really great news is that the scan confirmed that the placenta is looking really good and there is no evidence of any complications of Asherman's at this stage

Pink, also thinking of you, Isabella's surgery must be coming up soon?

Trying, how's the weight loss going?

Very, very quiet here lately, not sure anyone is cycling just yet?? Hope you are all doing well and sending lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY starfish..how wonderful with a baby girl!!!! Hopefully the kidney issue will resolve quickly, sounded just on the borderline there...FXFX

I got a positive blood group with this anti-e, but it is similar to rhesus negavtive but with the difference there is no injection you can get. Practically happens to the rhesus negative people IF they don't get that injection, you get Isoimmunization as it is callled. It is a bit scary as it can potentially hurt the baby, but this is only if my titre starts climbing up...so I am doing bloods every 4 weeks and then towards the end I will do every two week. Last time it was ok the full pregnancy so I am not as scared this time. Worst case scenario baby needs blood transfusion in the tummy, as my blood cells might start attacking the baby's blood cells...It is rather unusual to have this as a positive blood group.......
    Anyway, FX that is will be ok this time too. My last blood test was ok....
    Last edited by swedeendie; 03-03-2013 at 11:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    swede fantastic news with the scan. Are you and/or hubby tall? My cousin is
    6ft 5" and he recently had twin boys (at 27.2 weeks, but both very healthy thanks to a steroid injection via mum for their lungs before an emergency c-section) and when his wife had a scan the doctor was all concerned because he couldn't see the end of the legs on one, but when cuz walked in he just said "oh, now I understand why",
    starfish a beautiful girl. I'm sooooo thrilled for you and your DH! And extra icing on the cake with the news that there is no accreta stuff and Asherman's Syndrome complications going on, yes! What a very special moment that scan must've been, congratulations!

and to everyone else. I really hope this year is going to bring lots of BFPs for us all.

afm still trying to catch up financially after long months without work. New job is great, I'm so excited to be back in the workforce, it's ridiculous! I was supposed to have an MRI scan last week to check how the treatment on a large fibroid 12 months ago was tracking, and I was standing in the gown ready to go into the machine and it broke! Just in front of me. Aaaarggh. I had to laugh because the radiographer was very flustered and even with machinery like that they try the old trick of shutting it down and 'rebooting' it. But it didn't work. So I'm back in on March 13 for the follow-up scan and the results will be sent to the FS (who's no doubt forgotten me it's been so long since I was at the clinic!). The treatment was pretty groundbreaking in Australia, so I'm still one of their 'guinea pigs', hence the follow-up scans, but it was all about preserving the uterus without scarring, and even my sceptical FS was impressed with the six month follow-up scan results.
    So, if I can sell my flat and get the finances together soon, then I'll be ready for a FET.
    Last edited by Rubeedoo; 03-03-2013 at 11:56. Reason: Swede answered questions already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rubeedoo I hope you can get your precious FET happening soon, you have been so patient.

Starfish Wonderful news on your little girl, she will soon be in your arms. Great news on the AS, amazing isn't it what our bodies can do?

Swede great news on your scan! Have you told Archie yet?

Crofty I was never one for patience while waiting so can feel your pain, Next cycle is it for you.

Not much to report on me, just busy with my very naughty three year old They never warn you about this age it's all about two year olds!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - been very quiet in hear!!!! Great to hear that scans are doing well for everyone UTD (starfish/sweedenie)

Hi rubeedoo - I can just picture you climbing mountains with a loooong rope - and the too if the mountain is your FET!!!! With all these little stepping stones along the way with your MRI, job changes, selling of property - I am happy your on your way to your long awaited BFP!!!!

Great to hear from you lochnessie - and thanks, I really do appreciate the support everyone provides

Well I've rescheduled my biopsy now, for the 25th of march - so hopefully on our way to start another stim cycle sooner rather than later (especially when I was hoping for it to commence in jan/feb) it will now be about April/May!!!! I'm off to the good coast next week (business no pleasure - hope everyone else (besides the few regulars now) are doing well and lurking to read everyone's progress

14. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Rubeedoo  (07-03-2013)