Closed Thread
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    YAY SPOT!!!!! How perfect for you and DH. It's about time the Gods smiled down on you. I am so chuffed and read your post a few times

Thanks for your lovely words Grace, Slinky, Starfish, and Trying. Trying - I hope bub stays in a bit longer and gives mummy a break.

I had my scan today (yes Fri 13th) and saw the most beautiful little Smudge baby. With a strong clear heartbeat, a sac and yolk and everything!!! I was so incredibly relieved and you could see the blood circulating through it's body as it's heart pumped along. I never thought you could see that much, and was so grateful to see him/her looking so healthy. Dr thinks there's only one, and he wants to do scans every 2 weeks (up to week 12) because he said it is great to see the baby grow and you can see so much development (he is very generous with his time). His little machine is older than the big ultrasounds, so doesn't really do sound or 'measurements', but he can zoom in to see detail.

Spot - I'm so glad to be in this place with you. I couldn't ask for a better preggie buddy

Starf1sh - You're next. Enjoy your last few wines/spirits

Mxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    MILLIE, HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY for a healthy little smudge !! Congratulations lovely, this is so well deserved, I had tears in my eyes as I ready your post. That first scan where you see a heartbeat just takes your breath away and I am so very, very pleased you have had that experience. And how great you can 'look in' on bubs through these early weeks! I had that this time and it was immensely reassuring, particularly as symptoms came and went, to see that little heart beating away on screen. Enjoy Cloud 9

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are on your way to motherhood Ms Millie!!!! Congrats honey, that really is the best news!

Wishing you a wonderful, smooth sailing pregnancy and also to you Spot WOO HOO 2 new mummas to be on our thread!

Slinky, you and me next then, ok?!! When is your biopsy love?

Trying, Did I miss the team blue announcement?? (Or may be my brain is still on holidays!) Huge congrats lovely!! Hoping this little boy stays put for quite a long while yet

Mum4nay and Pink, not long for either of you now. How are you both doing?

Crofty, hope you have had a break over the new year and hope to hear from you soon

DrMummy, Jfblady and all the other gorgeous graduates who've been dropping by lately.

AFM, back from PNG earlier this week. It was a much needed break for DH and I to just enjoy each other and TBH I hardly thought about TTC at all!

The diving was fantastic. Highlights were seeing a pod of dolphins glide overhead, an unexpected encounter with a hammerhead shark at about 38m down and just an amazing array of fish and coral life, a really beautiful untouched marine environment... and the locals were pretty awesome too! I tried to upload a couple of photos but they were too large, I think the dolphins are here but its a bit unclear, might try again later with the other pics
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 14-01-2012 at 08:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG!!!! What lovely news Millie and Spot...what a wonderful start of this year for both of you...lets hope this will bring some magic to the rest of the beautiful women here to...very very happy for you...may you all be very sick...lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot – huge congratulations to you and your DH, this is wonderful news!!!! I am v.happy for you!!!

Millie –so so excited to read your wonderful news, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! The scans these days show so much detail, I think its lovely your Dr will do them every couple of weeks, the re-assurance will be lovely!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    T42 – sorry to hear you are having more hurdles, not too long now til the 28 week mark, and glad they will be keeping a close eye on you. How early did your DS arrive? And was it due to the same issues? Hope ur feeling well otherwise.

Gardenia – glad to hear you are doing well and bubs is hanging in there, you are almost full term now, v.exciting! Did you find out the sex? I’m sure your DD is v.excited!!!

Starfish – so glad to hear the holiday was fab, the photo of the dolphins is truly amazing!!!!Glad you were able to have some headspace from all things IVF/TTC. How exciting that your DH has opened a bar- sounds like lots of fun.

2012 is your year my friend – I am sure of it!!! (universe you better be listening!!!!!).

Slinky – glad to hear you are well and hoping the biopsy gives you some answers.

Mum4nay – hope you are doing well, the countdown is on, you have been in my thoughts.

AFM – struggling with m/s increasing dramatically – but alas!!! Had a scan last week to check kidney and its showing no signs of kidney damage which is a relief, will have to wait til after birth to find out more info and m/ment plan. The sonographer wasn’t so experienced and told us the baby’s growth had slowed and there wasn’t enough amniotic fluid which was all v.stressful and not an issue as it turns out (cleared up by the fetal med dr). Seriously?????? not what a post IVF-er needs!!!! Saw the bub in 4D which was amazing which made it all start to feel slightly real (its only taken 8 months!!!!)!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PinkB - I'm so glad there is no sign of damage to your kidneys. The monographer is a PITA. I hope they were reprimanded. Don't they know how stressful these scans are? Still all the news is great, and I'm so happy you are on track to meet your healthy bub soon

Starf1sh - Can't wait til you are UTD That photo is magic. I'll be lurking to read up on your progress

Trying - How are you and bub feeling?

Spot - Many Symptoms? The tiredness is massive. But then so are all the drugs I'm on so it should all ease by week 12. Hope you are feeling gooood.

Swede - Thank you for your beautiful words. I'm still on

Mum4nay - Where are you at? How long to go now?

Slinky - Have you had the biopsy yet? I know it can take up to 2weeks to get the results. Mine were high for natural killer cells and the treatment was Predsilone and Clexane during the tail end of the cycle and the 2ww. I'm still on them for up to week 12 of my pregnancy.

'Hi' to Gardenia, JFB, Crofty, DrMummy, and anyone else I've missed Thanks lots for all your 'congratulations'. It seems like a dream after being in a nightmare for a while. Bliss.

Mxo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

PinkButterfly  (19-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a quickie from me - gotta go...

AFM - scary times - freaked out yesterday re health of bubs - I've been SO preoccupied with Nathan and his issues that I haven't really been keeping track of the pregnancy that much... finally put it all together that I've only put on 2.2kg in the last 10 weeks, last scan at 36 weeks showed bubs is only 2.4kg and more than a week behind dates and definitely less kicking nowadays... had a CTG yesterday and bubs is ok but they want me to do a repeat scan monday to check growth - if it's still poor then I'll be induced next week - god help us cause my boobs didn't 'perform' so well last time (DS1 wasn't a good feeder from the start) so I've got the prescription formula's ready to go (dairy free).

Hi to everyone and HUGE congrats to millie and spot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4nay - far out, can't believe there is this stress for you on top of everything else. Glad bub is ok. Keep us posted on how the scan goes on monday. Thinking of you.

Millie - how are you feeling?? many pregnancy symptoms???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie, no need to pinch yourself honey because it is all real! Hope you are doing great...have you told anyone yet?

Spot, thinking of you up there also on

PinkB
    , it must have been comforting news to hear no visible sign of any problem with bub's kidney but I am certain you didn't need the stress of an inexperienced sonographer! I can't believe you only have 4 weeks to go. HOOOOORAY!!!!!

Mum4nay, hoping for good news for you too for Monday's scan Wishing you a speedy and wonderful birth and looking forward to hearing your beautiful little boy has been safely delivered into your arms soon