Closed Thread
Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Luckme1.
    I took 300mg COQ10 and Royal Jelly 1000 (it comes in a huge yellow bottle with 365 tablets- a year's supply!) and Vitamin D 1000iu.
    I fully believe it helped my egg quality and fertilisation rates the second time around, that and the antagonist protocol as opposed to the down reg cycle.
    Good luck this month with your next cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks with some non-baby related stuff going on.

Swede - I am so so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words to express my sorrow for you. I hope that you are as ok as you can be. My thoughts are with you.

Millie - Thank you for sharing your precious photo! How beautiful. Enjoy your babymoon! Stella is a gorgeous name, love it!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM - AF finally arrived so I started sniffing and jabbing on Saturday so we will see what happens. I have my scan on saturday to see how the follies are doing. Can definately feel something in the ovary area so hopefully this time we might get more than 2 eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Rubeedoo & Luckyme!

Sorry I have been MIA yet again.

Starfish have you gone away yet?

Millie I hope Stella is behaving herself for Mummy? Fingers crossed you are getting some rest, it's so hard in the first few MONTHS!!!!

Trying how's your move going?

Swede my precious hw are you?

Mum THANKYOU for the pics of Tom, he is GORGEOUS!!! I forgot about how lucky you were with falling with Tom, it gives me some hope.

Little feet I'm so sorry I didn't get back to your post. My new FS is amazing, sadly I think we might have found him a little to late.
    the supplements he has me on are
    vit E
    Megafol
    fish oil
    berocca
    dong qai
    coq10
    melatonin
    dhea (25mg) 3 times a day
    zinc

Well we are gearing for our final cycle
    It is going to be full on, I can't believe the different protocol Wazza has me on, but boy does he know his stuff!
    i had my AMH FINALLY tested( asked previous FS to do it 12 months ago) anyway it came back <1 , I was a little surprised as last EPU we got 6 eggs?!? We are just relieved we are in the hands of Wazza, as I think if anyone can get us pregnant it's him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie, the fact that you are still pulling good egg numbers is definitely a plus on your side (as is changing to Wazza and a more aggressive protocol). Remember our own Mum4nay got her 2nd beautiful bub with a similar AMH
    Thanks for asking after me, I leave on Friday, YIPPPEEEEEEEE!!!

Just to update you on the outcome of our letter and subsequent meeting which went ahead last week with our former FS and the medical director of the clinic present. I was incredibly anxious and felt sick to my stomach going into the meeting, however my DH was an amazing pillar of strength and took the lead in managing the meeting. The outcome has exceeded my expectations and even though I had moments of feeling overwhelmed I held it together sufficiently to have a full and frank discussion on all 5 points I raised in my letter which were as follows:

1. I was never offered the choice of a medical management option for miscarriage such as misoprostol, which would likely have circumvented the need for surgical intervention. Nor was it discussed with me that the procedure could be performed under guidance (eg hysteroscopy).
    2. Many other clinics in Australia use ultrasound guidance as standard practice for all embryo transfers, however (IVF clinic) does not. I believe the false passage may not have been created, nor would my embryo have been inappropriately placed with the use of ultrasound guidance. Additionally, the scarring on my cervix may have been identified at the time of the transfer if this practice had been in place.
    3. Why was I not referred to someone who had more expertise in the area of chronically thin endometrium after this problem first appeared and then persisted? It should be noted that I was not referred to Dr V by anyone within (IVF clinic) and had to do all research on the condition myself including finding Dr V.
    4. I do not believe that I was adequately informed by (IVF Clinic) of the risks of uterine surgery, particularly the possibility of acquiring Asherman’s syndrome.
    5. All medical and nursing staff at (IVF clinic) I have dealt with appear to have a poor understanding of Asherman’s Syndrome, it’s diagnosis and treatment and would greatly benefit from education in this area.

The upshot of all of this is that I will be receiving a letter in 3 weeks time outlining the changes they are prepared to make to minimise the risks of other women attending their clinic acquiring AS. They did start out describing blind D&C's as one of the most common procedures which are performed by surgeons, and I countered with it is also the most common cause of acquiring Ashermans! However, the medical director is prepared to look at arrangements with other hospitals to offer medical miscarriage management and they were receptive to my suggestion of providing written information to women and their partners about their options when a miscarriage is diagnosed, including the risks of surgical intervention.

We had a discussion on the benefits of ultrasound guidance for transfers (which is at the discretion of the FS at IVFA and is standard practice at Genea). They are planning to review the literature, however my previous FS commented he has already begun to change his practice in this area as a result of my situation.

Both Drs are aware of Prof V and his work with Asherman's and spoke of formalising closer ties with him and referring patients on to him who present with chronically thin endometrium or suspected adhesions. I also found out at the meeting the Medical Director had noted in my file the presence of adhesions on the cervix when he did my difficult and painful transfer in November last year but failed to connect the dots to AS! It really highlighted to me how little FS know about Asherman's and the importance of putting it on their agenda. They also sought our permission to present my case at their medical meeting to raise awareness with other FS's at IVFA about options other than D&C's to manage miscarriage.

I also had the opportunity to tell my FS directly that I felt he had dismissed my concerns when I had repeatedly raised them and my devastation on seeking a 2nd opinion and having my worst fear realised. He acknowledged that as he had known me and treated me for such a long time he had been complacent in considering all differential diagnoses (including AS) and with hindsight he would have initiated investigations much sooner. He also spoke about the very personal effect my situation has had on him.

All in all I am so glad that I spoke up about our experience, took the time to write a detailed letter of complaint and found the courage to feed this directly back into the system. It can't change anything for us and the road ahead we still face but psychologically I am hoping it will allow me to look to the future and the options we do still have rather than looking back with bitterness and regret.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - thank you so much for sharing. It sounds like it was a really positive experience and I am also glad to hear that your last FS was able to acknowledge and take responsibility for where he let you down. I hope that being able to get all this out in the open with the clinic will give you some release and let you move forward. Enjoy your break and I am so looking forward to following your journey and hearing your BFP. Xxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Feet For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, had tears running down my face reading your post. You have been through so much and you have handled the grossly unfair hand you have been dealt with great dignity and purpose. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope now you can leave for your holiday feeling 'lighter' and enjoy a wonderful break with DH (who is also a hero as far as I am concerned ).

I'm still keeping the faith that there is a healthy pregnancy in the future for you ....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Starfish, what can I say besides YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!! I'm sure it made a difference to many, well done.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mum4nay For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MIllie CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! on the wonderful arrival little Stella
    Enjoy every moment of this magical time together . Well done lovely on all your perseverance it was hard work to her but the reward is oh so sweet . XOXOX

STARFISH WOW what a meeting and you handled it so amazingly well . Well done to you and DH for standing up fpr your selves and the mismanagement of your treatment. I have everything crossed the your next cycle with Devora will deliver you your precious bub.

Nessie everything crossed for you lovely and this final cycle .xoxoxo

SWEDEE no words can describe this hollow feeling you are experiencing at the moment darling girl. It is cruel and unfair that this happens.
    I am thinking of you and DH and sending you buckets of love and hugs to help a little in your healing process. take care beautiful xoxox

Luckme1 happy to answer any questions you may have on Egg donors, My little Isabelle was the amazing result of an Egg Donor . after 10 failed cycles with my own enough was enough and an ED was our last option before closing the door on children. I am now expecting No 2 with my last embryo from our donor batch and for these 2 miracles i will always be thankfull and grateful to our ED. I don't get on here a lot these days so please feel free to PM me if i can be of any help .

Love and Hugs to all

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Melk For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's great to hear from you Mel. Looking forward to news on bub no 2

Starf1sh - You ARE amazing. Most people don't address these sorts of behaviours and the practices remain really damaging to patients. You have made a real difference, and while you might not see the direct effect of your complaint and meeting, be assured there will be others who are spared your experience. Now all we are waiting for is your own BFP. That will make it a very happy ending

Nessie - How are you going? I can't wait for an update on your cycle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35 UVFers *TTC*UTD* #12

Hi melk

Congrats on your second pregnancy. What determination you have, but so worth it.

I will PM you some questions. Thank you.