Closed Thread
Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Millie, just caught up with the news of Stella's safe arrival Welcome to the world Baby Girl! And Millie I hope you are recovering well and enjoying this wonderful, precious time with your new daughter. When Tom was born I remember kissing his wee small head and saying over and over "You are my miracle". You have a miracle of your own now Millie - much awaited and much anticipated I know, with so much heartache along the way. Your miracle is much deserved and I hope every day you have together with Stella is filled with joy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Over 35 UVFers *TTC*UTD* #12

Mum4nay, thanks for your reply. Stories like yours give me hope. Maybe cycle no2 will be lucky for us. We will do it in September.

I'm interested in why you decided to to a donor cycle in conjunction with your own cycle? I know that if Ivf doesn't work on my own eggs after four goes I'll try a donor, and we'll start looking after three. How did you know it was time to look for a donor? I've made up four cycles in my head as I think emotionally and financially it would be enough. Doc says at least three. Plus I'd be 40.5 years by then and I think it would just be too low odds for me. Do you think that's a good plan? How did you find a donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Swede, I feel so gutted for you. What a shock. I really hope you experience another little miracle and we will be celebrating the birth this time next year

It's hard to talk about Stella when I feel so bad about Swede's loss. But I guess it is life affirming to know that miracles do happen, and will continue to happen for us girls, no matter how long it takes.

I'm home with Stella now. It's been such a great homecoming. She is the first grandchild for my parents, and at 44 they have had a loooong wait. They have 4 children, none of whom have children of their own. The birth/C Section was a great experience as I had a wonderful team that were very light hearted. It was magical when I saw her come out and look straight at me. I've attached a few photos of that time. My sister was my support person, and you can see from her smile, how proud of Stella she is. Stella is lucky to have such a loving Aunt

Thank you so much for your messages. I wish this for everyone here and hope it happens sooner rather than later
    Attached Images

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

swedeendie  (01-09-2012),tryingfortwo  (01-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How precious Mille!!!! She is adorable....it must be such amazing feeling, being home with your daughter!!!!! It makes me teary looking at that....such a gift....
    how's breastfeeding going etc?????
    Little Stella will have heaps of uncle and aunties to help out....they will spoil her rotten!!!!!!
    I am so very happy for you.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie, thank you for sharing your precious photos ... such a beautiful, beautiful baby she is, and how very happy you all look! How lucky is Stella to enter the world surrounded by so much love. Congratulations again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie and Swede, acknowledging the sweetness and joy of life together with the moments of heartbreak and sadness is something I think this thread has done spectacularly well and why I think I am still here 3 years on.

Millie, your daughter is soooo gorgeous and is wonderful to see the sheer bliss on your lovely face and the pride on aunty's face, what a beautiful family photo of a moment you will never forget

Swede
    , thinking of you gorgeous and admire your grace. I hope you will let us know how you are going when you're ready xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Swede - so sorry for your loss it's not fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - thanks for sharing your photos - such a special time, enjoy and savour every second!!

Luckyme1 - yep, I'm a bit embarrassed how my TTC no 2 came about... Clinic tried a stim cycle with me with big doses of FSH and couldn't get my E raised at all.... then there was a LONG time that they didn't let me cycle again (public system) awaiting further appointments and blood results had to be within range before they'd even let me try again, this time with a short/antagonist cycle. I'd already prepaid so I always knew I'd try again eventually with the public clinic....

........but at the same time got a second opinion privately. They started me on DHEA and I felt 10 years younger with renewed hopes until my results from AMH tests came back and it was undectable... doc told me that I'd NEVER get preg with my own eggs and said the only way was with a donor. So we started down that path after lots of deliberation. We found an amazing donor on essential baby website within a week and she had huge time constraints due to work so it had to be ASAP or never - so we did it. Turns out MY bloods finally were in the acceptable range for the public clinic after 6 months of DHEA and I ended up cycling at the same time as the donor (both staying at my house as she was interstate - a VERY stressful time and a HUGE thanks to Trying for getting me through such a dark time!!!!!!).... They managed to get one little egg that was immature from me, it fertilised and it's now my lovely little tom Miracles can and do eventually happen!!!!

So the whole donor escapade was not needed but I'd like to think not a complete waste as we've recently donated them to a lovely couple and hopefully they'll have LOTS of babies (there was 11 of them!!!!).
    That's my complete story in a nutshell - hope it gives lots of hope to you and others out there that dreams can and do come true if you're lucky and brave enough to keep trying

As for your plan - it sounds good to me, everyone makes their own path I think so I can't tell you what to do ... but I did feel the huge pressure of wanting another child close in age to DS1 and I was also going on 41 at the time and feeling my age too!!! And I also read something amazing on the AED forum about accepting the idea of having donor eggs - yes it's true that a child would not be possible without the donation of a donor, but at the same time, it would also not be possible without you the MUM carrying and nurturing that embryo for 9 months, and then raising it in your loving home for the rest of it's life.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I apologise for dropping in on your thread and hope that I haven't broken any forum rules or offended anyone (this is the first forum I've attempted to join and I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology).
    I've been following (okay, stalking/lurking) on your thread and the previous over 35ers threads since June and laughed and cried along with you all as you celebrate, support and commiserate together. Pinkbutterfly became my guru (unbeknownst to her!) when discussing egg quality and was the catalyst behind me changing my ivf protocol and pumping myself full of COQ10 and Royal Jelly for my second cycle.
    I'll quickly fill you in on my backstory, I'm currently single and had an epiphany? at 40 (dammit, why so late?) that I couldn't wait around for Mr Right anymore if I wanted children. I was staring down the barrel of a hysterectomy thanks to a large and growing fibroid, and had to decide if I wanted to 'use it or lose it'.
    I chose the former, and had relatively new fibroid treatment: MRIgFUS at Royal Womens Melbourne in February '12, which was hideous to say the least but has reduced the mass from orange size to kiwi fruit size, and continues to shrink.
    Anyhoo, I had to allow my uterus 2 - 3 months to heal before embarking on IVF.
    First cycle was a complete disaster and absolutely devastating, 6 immature eggs and no fert. I nearly gave up after that result, but then found you guys and found some hope.
    After literally begging (day procedure centre to invoice me), borrowing and selling off some items, I managed to just afford a second cycle in Aug '12. This time an antagonist which resulted in 4 embies, 1 ET bfn as of a few days ago, and now one frozen (aka: my last chance).
    The last cycle completely knocked the stuffing out of me with 23 follies and a case of OHSS, 11 eggs collected, 4 embies. I'm still recovering physically, financially and emotionally and am really, really scared about using the frostie as it's literally my last chance. (am also angry at my FS and lab because they only ICSI'd 6 of the 11 eggs which resulted in 4 embies, and did IVF with the remaining 5 (what? after my 0 fert last time ).
    I guess when I do the FET I'd like to have people who understand the rollercoaster around me so that it doesn't hurt so much (if that's possible), so again .
    Swede I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but sending you a big
    Luckme1 Are you a new kid on the block like me?
    Pinkbutterfly Thank you for all of the vicarious support and giving me the confidence to try again with a different protocol
    Millie congratulations . So precious.
    everyone else, I have some catching up to do but want to say a big hi and send you all best wishes and (loving these weird graphics, but I'll tone it down, promise)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum4nay. Thank you for your lovely reply. Your little boy looks beautiful!

That all makes sense to me now. Wow, you were lucky to get preggers with that little eggy, and also finding a donor so quickly. The finding a donor bit worries me if we have to go down that path, but hearing your story gives gives me heart. Actually having a baby with your own egg gives me heart too. We're going to cycle at the end of September so I'm hoping.. Last one ended in a chemical but this time the doc has doubled the trigger shot as I had seven follies but only got three eggs, and out of that only one blasto.

Most of the time now I feel really negative like it's never going to happen but then very occasionally I have hope. Gotta try though eh.

I'm ok with donor eggs as I come from a blended family myself and love parenting. It's not just about genetics for me. Sure I'd love them to have the same genes as me but I'm not gonna hang on to false hope. I will also be guided by my doctor. She reckons I'm in with a chance with my own eggy's so let's see. Fingers crossed.

I've got the paperwork for my next cycle at home and we'll start in a couple of weeks.

Hello Rubeedoo, I'm new to this thread too, I'm taking Royal Jelly and Coq10 too along with DHEA. How much of the Royal Jelly and CoQ10 should I take a day? I'm taking one at the moment.
    Last edited by Luckyme1; 06-09-2012 at 18:07.